List of DVD/CD disc cloning software

Any software related topics go in here.
DeeVeeDee

List of DVD/CD disc cloning software

Post by DeeVeeDee »

Hi.
Can someone give me a list of software thats used to clone CD's and DVD's ?
Especially software thats used to decrypt and clone Movie DVD's ?
I'm currently setting up a ban list to be rolled out via a GPO to block unwanted applications.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to block videos bigger than lets say 300MB ?
_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
Jonboy

Re: List of DVD/CD disc cloning software

Post by Jonboy »

Software used to decrypt and clone dvds breaks copyright law of the material and cannot be discussed in these forums.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Actually, it depends on exactly what you want it for. Programs like Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools and Virtual CD are discussed on the forum, so long as you're quite clear on what you want to use them for. Even decrypting personal DVDs in order to create your own backups (to avi, for example) has been discussed.

Let's not jump the gun here. What exactly is it that you want to talk about, DeeVeeDee?
DeeVeeDee

Post by DeeVeeDee »

Jonboy wrote:Software used to decrypt and clone dvds breaks copyright law of the material and cannot be discussed in these forums.
Bull man! :mrgreen: A gun can be used to kill a person which is calcified as murder.
But to own a gun is not illigal, cus you can use it to hunt. Same difference.

In my environment i hate guns and dont want people to bring and use them at work :wink:

You only break the copyright law by copying the wrong stuff.
and if a person want to copy a DVD its easy enough to search google or copy some from a friend.

PM me then.

Stuart.

I'm trying to find a way to prevent people from installing Applications that is used to copy DVD movies.
Since our company dont have a requirement to do this i dont want to know anything about having software that can do this on our network.
Instead of searching the net i though it would be a good idea to ask for a list.

We are an imaging company so videos do travel around like "TV adds" ect ect.
So that is why i asked if its possible to block a video file which is larger than 300MB
_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I think the best you're going to come up with is people listing whatever software they use to backup DVDs, etc. You won't find a comprehensive list of stuff. The list will be huge.

For example, the moment I purchase a DVD I create a backup on my PC using Fair Use Wizard. I very rarely watch my physical DVDs these days, because I've discovered that three-year-old redheads have a way of destroying DVDs. I have therefore resorted to storing my DVDs in a place where she cannot get to them, and when I want to watch something it's on my HTPC or my Mede8er. I sometimes use MagicISO or gBurner to create an ISO of my DVDs if I want to preserve the DVD menus, special features, etc.

These are, however, my personal solutions. There are bound to be thousands of solutions out there to achieve the same thing, so I suspect you have a monumental task ahead of yourself. Good luck! :)
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

DeeVeeDee wrote:calcified as murder.
I lol'd

There are seriously too many DVD encoders, rippers and decrypters to mention.
The best way to get around this is not to buy PC's with DVD\CD writers.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

How about only allowing administrators to install any application. That way your users need to call you before they install anything.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
DeeVeeDee

Post by DeeVeeDee »

The problem with administrator rights is some people are technical and they need to install software, drivers ect ect to fix some of our products and to support it.
Most users use thier CD/DVD RW drives.

Maybe i should just leave it and use the logon script i have to check what they have installed.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

The thing is, how many people are cloning dvds at the office and has this become such a common event that the need has now arisen to step in???
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
DeeVeeDee

Post by DeeVeeDee »

Jonboy wrote:The thing is, how many people are cloning dvds at the office and has this become such a common event that the need has now arisen to step in???
I'm on a security mission, and is trying to find ways to protect the company and see possible holes , I have also heard rumors of people copying movie files. and cant prove it.
I cant do much when they share hard drives at work , but i do have a say when they use company equipment to share this kind of stuff.

I'm not implementing anything yet i'm just trying to find viable ways and when i have everything together i can start implementing things. I also try to avoid playing the "police man" game.
3ddy

Post by 3ddy »

i know you can do some interesting things with kerio firewall, which can keep an eye on people copying things across the network
but to actually control the different applications being used, i would suggest you just disable the option for people to install any software
set up a process where by they have to send an email to SysAdmin to allow temporary rights to install the software stating what the software is and what it is used for
then once they have installed you can then remove those rights again
best way to do it as these days most people have a decent working knowledge of computers