TeamSpeak Feedback

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
CranialBlaze

TeamSpeak Feedback

Post by CranialBlaze »

A friend and i do a lot of webwork together and as we live on opposite ends of a town we spend numerous hours in VOIP chats, until recently skype has been extremely reliable, but with recent connectivity problems i started looking for alternates, as we both bank with FNB jumping onto their connect service was easy, but for some reason it keep dropping the calls around 48 seconds, even when i called the FNB helpdesk.

I remembered Telkom was running their own TS Server so i had him download TS as i already had it on my machine.
No firstly he has a strange setup, he has wrapped his headset around his monitor stand leaving the mic facing forward, and normally this would generate a lot of feedback, especially with his speakers being 5.1, but up until we started using TeamSpeak there was no feedback at all, we retried skype and fnbconnect afterwards and neither of them generate any feedback on my voice.

So whats basically confusing me is whats different that under almost identical conditions only 1 f 3 applications is generating voice feedback. I find the latency and quality of TS to be far superior to that of skype and FNB and would prefer to use it in future instead of skype, but unless i can get rid of the feedback i would much prefer skype once seacoms sorted again.

Also anyone know of how to make skype work with local only, i use mweb and as soon as the seacom link breaks i loose all connection to skype, i know with IS at a stage that skype could work with their local only accounts when actually on local only, but is their like a proxy address or a hosts file modification that would force skype through a local route, if it exists.

Thanks.
Life - The Longest Game you will EVER Play