DivX HDD Multimedia Player

Any software related topics go in here.
webwizzards

DivX HDD Multimedia Player

Post by webwizzards »

Hi there, Can anyone assist. I have the above and it plays in colour on my PC but when I try to play the movies on my TV, it changes the movies to Black & White - any suggestions?
Jonboy

Re: DivX HDD Multimedia Player

Post by Jonboy »

Check you PAL / NTSC output settings
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

+1
webwizzards

Post by webwizzards »

Hi, Yes checked the output settings - all correct. Anything else I can check?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

How are you connecting to your TV? What cable are you using? Which multimedia player is it? What TV do you have? And most importantly, what did you have for supper last Thursday?
webwizzards

Post by webwizzards »

LOL:) We have Sinotec TV, We are connecting with the Red,Yelloe and white cables we were given. It is the Esquire DivX HDD Multimedia Palyer - ED-328TV (yes I know it is 3 years old:). Had pork sausages for supper. Yes guys, I am a blonde but it really shouldn't be this difficult (haha)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Sinotec LCD TV, or regular CRT? And the component cables (red, yellow, white), are they three separate connections on both ends?

According to this thread there seem to be a number of problems with that particular player. One guy in the thread did mention a firmware upgrade to fix issues, but that you have to take it to Esquire to get it done.

Your issue does sound suspiciously like a setting error, either on your TV or on the player. But I suppose it could be sorted out by firmware. Are you sure the cables are okay? I'm assuming you don't use the component cables to connect it to your computer. Perhaps try different cables, though that's a long shot. Otherwise, if you're convinced all settings are correct, perhaps your next step is a firmware upgrade.
webwizzards

Post by webwizzards »

Thanks everyone. Problem sorted. Took everything off the drive, formatted it and then put the data back (minus the TOOLS folder) and hey presto, it worked. Although sometimes some of the movies come up in black & white instead of colour but at least it now works.