9000 Members

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
dammod

Post by dammod »

Dammod
Kiran

Post by Kiran »

someidiotsa wrote:*couldn't find the 6000 registered member thread...

Well, Now We are just 7 users away from the 7000 member, to be signed on PCF, any words?

Of which at least 6000 are inactive! :roll: :roll: :roll:
What is this "Microsoft" that you speak of? Washing powder? Coffee? Correction fluid? I can't figure it out. Anyone else know?
Kiran

Post by Kiran »

According to this very website: http://entertainment3.co.za/modules.php ... start=1900

Of the almost 7000 members only 1935 have ever posted anything!

And only 913 have posted more than 5 times: http://entertainment3.co.za/modules.php ... &start=900

:roll: :roll: :roll:
What is this "Microsoft" that you speak of? Washing powder? Coffee? Correction fluid? I can't figure it out. Anyone else know?
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

4 more to 7000!
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Yay, 7000!
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Tolklein

Post by Tolklein »

Lets do a little dance, and get down tonight. didn't catch the 7000, but well done lui11, number 7001.
Oj

Post by Oj »

Only 218 have 200 or more posts. That's damn low. I am No. 261 on the list with 130!

<i>[EDIT: now im no. 238!!!]</i>
Last edited by Oj on 25 Aug 2005, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.
<b>Proud Knight of the Round Table</b>
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

And we got 7 new members yesterday so we should make it

Hi cammy

4000 doesn't really tell the story here are some question that should be very intersting.

Do you ever delete inactive accounts...??
Now it brings me back to my first question. 8)
Well it would be very simple just to send out a email reminder that and inactive accounts say 3 months will be deleted if you do not login soon say 2 weeks. :D
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

wizardofid wrote:

Hi cammy

4000 doesn't really tell the story here are some question that should be very intersting.

Well it would be very simple just to send out a email reminder that and inactive accounts say 3 months will be deleted if you do not login soon say 2 weeks. :D
Not a good idea - Maybe if you delete an inactive account, the posts made by that account also "goes". Now what if you had a tecno-wizz that made a few brilliant tech posts available for all willing to search the topic - but he stops visiting the site for whatever reason. Now his account (and posts) gets deleted and gone is all that info !!

S
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Sojourn wrote:
wizardofid wrote:

Hi cammy

Not a good idea - Maybe if you delete an inactive account, the posts made by that account also "goes". Now what if you had a tecno-wizz that made a few brilliant tech posts available for all willing to search the topic - but he stops visiting the site for whatever reason. Now his account (and posts) gets deleted and gone is all that info !!

S
I do understand but a few post there should be a limit as to how many posts before a warning is send.

It would be a good idea to warn any one signs up that any account that is inactive for so long will be delete.

How are you going to lose users information If you make a guest account and pass these deleted accounts information onto that account you won't lose a drop and it can be done.

A guest account would be good for "one time" users.... 8)As far as I know you can even having settings if a IP sends more than 10 post it is forced to sign up.... :wink:

A guest account might cause trouble... :cry:
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

hmmmmm, too much work, leave as is...
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

if only we could get 1% of all people that register to post regularly, we'd have 70 regular daily posters.

me hops into bobmobile.
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

I've noticed that theres a huge amount of registered users, even since 2003 that has 0 posts... maybe those accounts can be deleted, so that the nicks can be used by other people that actually DO post?
Kiran

Post by Kiran »

ElDiablo wrote:hmmmmm, too much work, leave as is...

To quote somebody whose name I've forgotten, "tsk, tsk, tsk."

DON'T BE LAZY!!!
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

lol
QBM

Post by QBM »

congrats.....but where are they?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

*Yawn*

This place is way too quiet this weekend.

This must be the slowest since I joined... And just as luck has it I have nothing else to do.

@PCF crew : Maybe mention and advertise the forum more often in the mag guys?
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

There is less talk today I see but I guess, you just have to find an interesting topic and post in it...

I don't post as much as I used to I guess, but the thing is because not many people post other members just aren't willing to waste their time, and then less members are active. We just need to make it more ''interesting'' then maybe it would be more active....
Kiran

Post by Kiran »

someidiotsa wrote:There is less talk today I see but I guess, you just have to find an interesting topic and post in it...

I don't post as much as I used to I guess, but the thing is because not many people post other members just aren't willing to waste their time, and then less members are active. We just need to make it more ''interesting'' then maybe it would be more active....

When I joined, the first thing I tried to do was to make things interesting. Instead what happened was it got locked after I was accused of starting a flame war, and being sexist and a whole lot of other ***!

Anyway, it'll probably be a few weeks before someone replies, seeing as the mods (me's shivering in me skin) are watching (look behind you).

Thrall - Yeah...we are...
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Lol dude, maybe you were commiting those crimes! :wink:

Do you have a link to that thread?
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Links are the only proof nowadays... :roll:

Wow, 7000 members and counting ek se.
Sojourn

No of online users

Post by Sojourn »

We had 58 users online a mo ago. Where can I see what the max ever was?

s
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

click ENTERTAINMENT 3.0 Forum Index

Scroll right to the bottom, there is list of current active member and the most users online as well.
jee

Post by jee »

hmm sojourn.. there was a thead like that.. to see the most online... sometimes August last year? Cameron had a competition.. now I cant remember what the most online was.. and i'm going to watch dvd's so I'm not going to find the thread for you... use search.... *g*
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

I'll be holding something like that again soon, just waiting to get the prizes in. Should be good!