Auto Connecting Internet Connection

Network problem solving and tweaks
Zaphrox

Auto Connecting Internet Connection

Post by Zaphrox »

Heya People

Do any of you know of an app that can connect your internet connection on a specific schedule (preferably freeware) ?
DeeVeeDee

Re: Auto Connecting Internet Connection

Post by DeeVeeDee »

if you can find a command to connect you can just put it into the task scheduler ?
_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

what kind of net connection?

And why?
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Zaphrox

Post by Zaphrox »

Well on IBurst u get uncapped Internet between midnight and 8am so this is the perfect time to do those updates, download emails etc without using my normal bandwidth allocation.

I tried using the Windows task scheduler but it keeps wanting an admin password to run tasks which it doesn't have. So now that's why I'm looking for an app to do these tasks without having to do it manually.

I did find a lekker app but not sure how to write a batch file command to auto connect the iBurst connection.

Any brainy people willing to share their knowledge
DeeVeeDee

Post by DeeVeeDee »

Zaphrox wrote:Well on IBurst u get uncapped Internet between midnight and 8am so this is the perfect time to do those updates, download emails etc without using my normal bandwidth allocation.

I tried using the Windows task scheduler but it keeps wanting an admin password to run tasks which it doesn't have. So now that's why I'm looking for an app to do these tasks without having to do it manually.

I did find a lekker app but not sure how to write a batch file command to auto connect the iBurst connection.

Any brainy people willing to share their knowledge
I will try and help.
The admin password you are talking about , is it the system's Admin password ?
Cus in the task scheduler you can provide a password.

and how to you connect to the internet ?
Is it by using the iburst software ? or the normal Dialup icon in my network places ?
_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
Zaphrox

Post by Zaphrox »

Well, when I insert any password under the "run as" fields it gives an error message as follows:

"An error has occurred while attempting to set task account information. The specific error is: 0x80070005: Access is denied. You do not have permission to perform the requested operation."

Even when a password is not inserted, it brings up a dialog box prompting account information when confirming. I only have one administrator account with no password. I did also Google the error code and I came accross this. I tried it but didn't help.
DeeVeeDee wrote:and how to you connect to the internet ?
Is it by using the iburst software ? or the normal Dialup icon in my network places ?
It can connect either way.

Oh, and btw that app is called "Ka Firetask" if anyone is interested.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Monty wrote:log in to the admin account and set a password
Yup. What he said.

Leave your Iburst connection On, go into windows update and change the time to 2am under settings.

Your emails are hardly going to put a dent in your bandwidth and its unlikely you will get many around midnight unless its from people overseas.