Setting 3G and LAN to work together

Network problem solving and tweaks
doo_much

Setting 3G and LAN to work together

Post by doo_much »

OK I've fixed this but I don't know why it happened or how I actually "fixed" it.

So I still see it as a problem. Help please. I totally suck at networking.

I have a LG X110 netbook. Onboard LAN, 802.11 and 3G.

I've only ever used the 3G. Tried to connect to a controller via cross-over cable yesterday and got the old 'limited or no connectivity' message. Tried Google - created a bridge and neither connection worked. Etc Etc

I finally disabled the 3G modem in Network Connections, re-booted, connected to the controller successfully and - because I like pushing my luck - then enabled the modem again. Both worked.

Since then I have happily connected to both with no problems. Re-booted with one or the other connected with no problems.

So the question is - what is the correct way of setting up these connections?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
PureFire

Re: Setting 3G and LAN to work together

Post by PureFire »

doo, what controller were you trying to connect to?

seems i might have to try your "solution" to my wii problem! lol!
doo_much

Re: Setting 3G and LAN to work together

Post by doo_much »

The controller is an Impro Access Controller. Has static IP so it's supposed to be perfect for peer to peer. :?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey