Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Linksys WRT54GL Users ?

Post by Anthro »

Hi there guys. my network setup needs to change (not considerably, but just need some guidance here from the guys using the WRT54GL)

My current setup is as follows:
Linksys WRT54GL: 192.168.1.1, WDS Mode to connect via MAC secure address to DLINK AP. Running Tomato Firmware.
--
DLINK DWL 2100AP 192.168.1.2 (Repeater to supply my parents internet, and to extend my range of signal)
--
The Linksys is currently connected to a Ubiquity Bullet 2 192.168.1.20 and 2.4Ghz Antenna (Which in turn connects to my WISP).
--
Network setup:
PC1---Lan1---Linksys WRT54GL||PC2---Lan2---Linksys WRT54GL||(WRT54GL Wireless Distribution Mode)---->DLINK DWL2100AP Repeater ^Wireless> ^PC3^ ^PC4^

The WISP just got kicked from the equation, as my DSL got installed and enabled yesterday

The Billion 5200S 192.168.1.254 was added to the setup (as Modem for DSL connectivity).

I have set the Billion to Bridge mode, and the Linksys does PPOE for me.
Browsing works etc etc.

Q:
With regards to port forwarding, what is handling the forwards, and how would I go about setting the 5200S to forward any traffic 'all ports' to the Linksys (and then it can decide where said traffic goes) - as currently it does not seem to be opening the ports succesfully
Temporary Absence
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Re: Linksys WRT54GL Users ?

Post by Nuke »

If the Linksys hand doing the PPPoE then all port forwarding should be done on the Linksys. The Billion is just a Layer2 bridge in this case, and the Linksys is handling all Layer3 connections. If the Billion is plugged into the WAN port on the Linksys you shouldn't even be able to have management access to it, seeing that its acting as a router.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Anthro »

Currently the only way I can get the ports to be 'open' is to set my pc in a DMZ zone.
Not the best idea.. so stil searching
Temporary Absence
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

After you loaded some wierd new firmware is not really a WRT54GL anymore. On a WRT54GL I know normal port forwarding does work. I'm not really a fan on Linksys products, all I have worked with had frustrating flaws(routers that hangs/stop routing, ATAs that drops calls, etc) but there is a few on our system that came with new clients.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

got your message dude. Sorry for taking so long to reply. My network is netgear based so i'm not going to be able to help with router side of things. And i know next to nothing about port forwarding
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Anthro »

Nuke, in the custom firmware enhances the WRT54GL, ask any fanboi out there.. when you hear the router model you NEVER, ever think factory firmware ;-)

Monty,Shot shot.. I was not sure whether it was you or Ryan,so posted on BOTH your walls
Temporary Absence