"Uncapped" Offerings Feedback

Network problem solving and tweaks
Prime

Re: "Uncapped" Offerings Feedback

Post by Prime »

Anthro wrote:What if I only want the remainder of this month ? Is it THAT difficult to do a single debit order / eft arrangement ?
KALSTER and others, I budget - and all other ISP will charge me for this month, pro rata , and then at the end of the month (after payday) for the next. Not a single shot R1900. :evil:
So Hold off and keep the funds back and do it next month?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Anthro wrote:What if I only want the remainder of this month ? Is it THAT difficult to do a single debit order / eft arrangement ?
KALSTER and others, I budget - and all other ISP will charge me for this month, pro rata , and then at the end of the month (after payday) for the next. Not a single shot R1900. :evil:
Well, you can't just take an account for the rest of this month. They require a 30 day notification for cancellation, so if you took it now and wanted to cancel at the end of the month you'd have to pay for next month anyway.

What you want to do (it seems) is pay now for the rest of this month, and then at the end of the month for next month (up front), right? So just keep the money in there that you're willing to spend now until the end of the month, when it will be subtracted, plus the money for next month that would be subtracted anyway. They won't take off anything now; you will be charged at the end of the month.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

What you want to do (it seems) is pay now for the rest of this month, and then at the end of the month for next month (up front), right?
According to MWEB accounts department their systems will deduct an amount of R899+798 immediately.
Temporary Absence
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Anthro wrote:
What you want to do (it seems) is pay now for the rest of this month, and then at the end of the month for next month (up front), right?
According to MWEB accounts department their systems will deduct an amount of R899+798 immediately.
They are doing this via debit order, right? That doesn't make much sense then. :?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

I'm on mweb. :D Having lots of fun. been at work though so i haven't noticed the problems with seacom going down twice and stuff.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I only got debited at the end of the first month.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Stuart wrote:I only got debited at the end of the first month.
+1
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Anthro »

Accounts person stated this has changed in the last week :-/ spoke to them just now again
Temporary Absence
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Anthro wrote:Accounts person stated this has changed in the last week :-/ spoke to them just now again
Well you could always take a 512k account pay that and then the next month upgrade to which ever speed you they won't charge you 2 months in advance again.So Next month you would only pay extra for the upgrade.

Mmmh??
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Anthro wrote:Accounts person stated this has changed in the last week :-/ spoke to them just now again
Well that sucks then. Bad luck.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Anthro wrote:
So hold off for a month, keep that money in your account, and next month you'll have enough for the double debit. I know a month without a connection will be awful, but after that, bliss :)
wizardofid wrote:
Well you could always take a 512k account pay that and then the next month upgrade to which ever speed you they won't charge you 2 months in advance again.So Next month you would only pay extra for the upgrade.

Mmmh??
Assuming they allow it, you could do that too :)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Any updates on how the Uncapped accounts are performing? Speeds? Latency?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

mine is currently 100 % :) GO MWEB
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Prime

Post by Prime »

Anakha56 wrote:Any updates on how the Uncapped accounts are performing? Speeds? Latency?

:shock: That's surely impossible given that our modem is only capable of 1Mbit/s. :?

Broad range of timezones and locations. :)

Will post a set of comparisons after midnight when I am uncapped. Iburst 8 Gig Package.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Anakha56 wrote:Any updates on how the Uncapped accounts are performing? Speeds? Latency?
MWeb 384K Uncapped

Ping isn't that great though
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

SO I did the speed test with:
http://www.speedtest.net/

And it says that our ISP is IS even though we are with MWeb. So I wen tto the IS website and saw that they also have uncapped bundles. Has anyone had any expereince with them? Wouldn't they be good as they are the major backbone...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

The ping is not fantastic.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

That sux.

I'm getting better with Vodacom 3G?

MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Yeah, 3G and HSDPA is faster, but even worse ping wise.

Pingtest shows different (good) ping times:

:)
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Anthro »

I have designated my uncapped ISP to be VOX Datapro. Reasons being
#1. SAIX backbone
#2. Same company we chose to get our work lines from

Getting contract next week. Will keep you guys up to date...
Temporary Absence
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:SO I did the speed test with:
http://www.speedtest.net/

And it says that our ISP is IS even though we are with MWeb. So I wen tto the IS website and saw that they also have uncapped bundles. Has anyone had any expereince with them? Wouldn't they be good as they are the major backbone...
Huh? Mweb has it's own network. Shouldn't be through IS. As for IS, no. Their shaping/throttling policies are fart less lenient than Mweb. Mweb seriously seems to be top of the current uncapped crop.
Prime

Post by Prime »

It's taken nearly an hour and a half to download Avast. My windows and Driver setup was faster, and at this rate, a Trend Micro House Call scan would also be faster.

Unless Iburst does some serious upgrading, come the end of the uncapped trial period, they are going to have to gun it. At 12:05, my internet connection virtually ground to a halt. I need to install before I go to bed so I can leave Avast to scan while I sleep.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

stuart are you sure that MWeb doesn't use IS? Check out my speed test:

Does anyone else here use MWeb, cos for the past 2 days our connection has been horrendous.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:stuart are you sure that MWeb doesn't use IS? Check out my speed test:

Does anyone else here use MWeb, cos for the past 2 days our connection has been horrendous.
That is weird. Are you on Mweb uncapped? Maybe they use IS for one of their capped products--I don't know--but they are certainly on their own network for uncapped. I'd seriously give them a call and ask some questions. There have been a fair amount of complaints about IS in recent weeks. I'm on Mweb uncapped at home and have had no speed issues, but my Speedtest results show Mweb as the ISP, not IS.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Yeah, Mweb is now one of the major providers of bandwidth in the country. They have one of the largest stakes in Seacom. I think you should go talk to your IT depratment.