Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Greasemonkey Scripts thread.

Post by Anthro »

Greasemonkey is an add-on to the Firefox browser that allows you to customize the way a web page is displayed by using small bits of JavaScript code.
There are literally thousands of scripts that you can install to customize just about anything you can think of.
However, there are a few scripts that are quite useful and popular that you should consider using if you’re not already doing so!

## Userscripts.org Rank by Popularity
Source: http://userscripts.org
I especially use the YouTube Googler one alot

1. Apple Trailer Download – Download regular and HD full movie trailers from Apple.com onto your computer.

2. The Movie Dude – Cross-links movie sites automatically for you that usually do not link to each other. While looking up a movie in IMDB, you can add it to your NetFlix queue, etc.

3. YouTube Googler – Makes YouTube look a lot better and more like Google video by expanding the video frame and moving the comments to the side bar.

4. Pagerization – A general auto pager for Google search, Yahoo, Wikipedia, del.icio.us, Twitter, and Digg. Another one is AutoPagerize.

5. Gmail – Insert HTML Signature – Creates a link in the GMail interface that lets you insert a HTML signature into a new email message, a reply, or a forward.

6. Flickr – Multiple Group Sender – Allows you to send your Flickr image to multiple groups by overriding the default defualt “Send To Group” button.

7. IMDB Age – Adds information to an IMDB page such as the age of the actor or actress, their zodiac sign, and how long ago a film was made.

8. Gmail – Signature Float – Moves the signature in a new Gmail message to the top of the email rather than the bottom. Can also be used to enter HTML signatures.

9. Download YouTube Videos III – Adds a “Download Video” button and icon next to the currently playing video. Just rename the file to “.flv” with the quotes included.

10. Last.fm Recently Played – Inserts recently played information onto various pages around Last.fm, such as friends, neighbors, and recent visitors panels.

11. RS-Bundle – Rapidshare service helper which does many things like autoclicks the free button, allows the use of a download manager, removes extra stuff from the download page, ready to download alerts when you have to wait, and more.

12. Folders4Gmail – Organize your labels in Gmail in a folder-like collapsible hierarchy instead of flat labels.

13. J Instant Comment – Allows commenting on your friend’s entries without leaving the page or reloading the page. For LiveJournal users only.

14. Greased Lightbox – Enhances browsing of images via Google Image search, Flickr, Wikipedia, FaceBook, MySpace, and devianArt by enlarging images and allowing the use of keyboard arrow keys to browse though images quickly.

15. Gmail – One Click Conversations – Easily view recent conversations with someone in Gmail by clicking on a small icon to the left of the sender name.

16. Gmail – Different Attachment Icons – Adds icons to emails with attachments that correspond to the type of attachment (doc, xls, jpg, etc).

17. MySpace Customizer – Remove anything you want from the MySpace homepage. Moves status box under your friends and makes info box smaller.

18. Digg Add Mirrors – Adds links to DuggMirror, CoralCache, DuggBack, and Archive.org to every story on Digg beneath the Digg It button.

19. _blank Must Die – Removes the target of hyperlinks that open in a new browser window. Will open those pages in the active window.

20. Gmail Super Clean – Gives Gmail a new Web 2.0 interface or “skin” that looks much nicer.

21. Craigslist Image Preview – Let’s you preview and resize images while viewing listings on Craigslist instead of clicking on the listing.

22. Google Secure Pro – Forces Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, History, Bookmarks and Reader use a secure HTTPS connection. Works with Opera.

23. RSS/ATOM Feed Subscribe Button Generator – Automatically finds the RSS/Atom links on a page and generates feed subscription links.

24. LookItUp2 – Quickly lookup anything in Wikipedia, a dictionary, or add your custom site by clicking Shift+Ctrl+Space. Results are viewed directly in the page.

25. FlickPM – Adds icons for mail, profile, favorites, Scout, interestingness, and the user’s photo archive next to usernames in forums and on individual pages. Also allows you to send Flickr mail without leaving the current page.

If you have more that you like and I didn’t mention here, post a comment!
Temporary Absence
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Re: Greasemonkey Scripts thread.

Post by DeathStrike »

Love this. i am bookmarking.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

It might be worth mentioning that Greasemonkey scripts work natively in Google Chrome :)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus

Facebook goes after 'Fluff Busting Purity' Greasemonkey scri

Post by Anthro »

Fluff Busting Purity (FBP) is a Greasemonkey Script developed for Facebook that gets rid of application notifications from applications like Mafia Wars and other oft-annoying Quiz messages, leaving your news feed populated with basic status updates, links, notes, pictures, and other standard updates.

Facebook isn't taking kindly to the disruption of its intended functions and has declared legal war on the script, citing terms of use violations. According to the scripts creators, Facebook's complaints were vague and misleading, giving very little information about the exact nature of the problem. After receiving the generalized Terms of Service Violation notice, FBP tried to communicate with Facebook to try and determine the actual violation, and received a message citing Section 5.6 of their Statement of Rights & Responsibilities, which reads:

"You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Facebook, the Facebook and F logos, FB, Face, Poke, Wall, and 32665), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission."

The FBP Facebook page was deleted minutes after the email was sent, which FBP claims is an unreasonably short amount of time, and that they could have fixed the errors, if there were any, given some more notice.

Lawyers then contacted FBP with a demand from Facebook to hand over the domain facebookplus.org, which they claim FBP owns. FBP denies this accusation.

Facebook recently released new code that will disable this script from running, but the scripters at FBP have created a patch to circumvent this, as well as create a new, working fan page.

Download the script Here

http://www.facebook.com/fluffbustingpurity
Temporary Absence
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Anthro »

Greased Lightbox
For eg, our own picture thread has the following link proudly posted by Prime
http://i.imgur.com/yMpcO.jpg
When you click it - it opens in the same or possibly new window.
BUT when I click it, it displays as follows:
Temporary Absence
DeathStrike

Post by DeathStrike »

yeah. i got that one. thanks man. i love it when i use it with google image search. you can scroll through the image results. :)
SIG by HMAN 8)
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
1gn1t0r

Post by 1gn1t0r »

Yeah good ol grease monkey. I found a script for it to allow me to follow a large amount of people on Twitter. Twitter didn't like this so I got banned. But there isn't anything against this is there ?
DeathStrike

Post by DeathStrike »

They probably thought you are a spam bot. :)
SIG by HMAN 8)
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me