9-year-old plots his fifth Microsoft certification

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Fish_man

9-year-old plots his fifth Microsoft certification

Post by Fish_man »

Getting kids today to unplug from technology can be difficult, but for the parents of 9-year-old Marko Calasan of Skopje, Macedonia, it's nearly impossible. With four Microsoft certifications already under his belt, Calasan plans to get his fifth IT certification as a Microsoft Certified Trainer. Calasan also intends to use the novelty of his story to teach others about technology via books, YouTube and more. Network World Senior Editor Denise Dubie caught up with the young Calasan via e-mail to learn more about his high-tech hobbies.
http://www.networkworld.com/slideshows/ ... ml#article

Hmmm dammit i feel stupid now with a MSCE and MCITP
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: 9-year-old plots his fifth Microsoft certification

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

LOL yeah, I have a few Microsoft Certifications myself, and even though they were pretty easy to get, the fact that a 9 year old kid got them is quite impressive.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

she want to get a Trainer Certification now, how is a 9 year old gonna train grown men, to use AD , Exchange , NOS etc. LOL i would love to see that classroom
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

lol... Certifications and experience are two very different things. I've worked with many "paper" MCSE's that didn't have a clue what to do in real world situations...
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

O yes that's the truth, we had a learner here with all the cert and no experience and guess what. . . . . . . .

But these days Corporates are looking for both, and u have to start somewhere , shame that little girls MCSE 2003 will mean nothing to her (will be outdated) in 10 to 15years when she starts to look for a job in IT ......LOL
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Fish_man wrote:MCSE 2003 will mean nothing to her (will be outdated) in 10 to 15years when she starts to look for a job
It is already outdated.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah MCSE 2003 is already considered outdated, but the fact is most corporations still have a number of 2003 servers. Out of my 30 application servers only 3 are 2008...

It's hard to decide what to study at this point on the MS front for somebody starting out. I only completed my 2003 MCSE in 2006, and my MCTS in Server 2008 in 2008, but I had worked as a server engineer on Server 2003 for quite a few years before those certs. As you say though, almost all companies would require at least an MCSE 2003 nowadays.

My next certification this year is going to be MCITP in Server 2008, which is one more exam really, and then the new VMware Certified Professional in vSphere 4...

Ai ai ai, it's a never ending thing when you work in IT really, gotta re-certify every few years...
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

Ai ai ai, it's a never ending thing when you work in IT really, gotta re-certify every few years..
QFT
octall

Post by octall »

ryanrich wrote:lol... Certifications and experience are two very different things. I've worked with many "paper" MCSE's that didn't have a clue what to do in real world situations...
After I did my MCSE I worked with a couple of those. The book said do it this way, in reality you did it that way.
Q9550 CPU, EVGA 780i Sli, MSI 275 GTX, OCZ 2GB Reaper Heatpipe(looking for another 4GB), Coolermaster 550W PSU, 19" LCD