LG DVDRW VCR Machine Troubles

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

LG DVDRW VCR Machine Troubles

Post by wizardofid »

Got a LG DVDRW VCR machine for xmas Yay for me.
Maybe some one can answer this one.Not very technical but wiring can be a problem.

A power surge took out my TV with RC input as well as video machine.So I am no stuck with a TV without any RC.

This is the setup

Dual view DSTV decoder. (Only using TV1 uses RC cables)
TV without RC inputs
And the new DVDRW VCR combo machine.
2 X RC inputs
1 x S-video output with left and right audio outputs
1 X RC output
FR input and output
1 X FR- RC modulator.

Okay my problem is as follows.

When I try and connect the DSTV Decoder RC Output to the DVDRW/VCR RC input and use the FR output to the TV, the TV refuses to tune to the FR output signal.This is still a standard video machine so either way the TV should tune to the FR output.

Now I am forced to use the FR-RC modulator which I am trying to avoid as the signal is useless.
So now I have to connect the Decoder output to the input of the DVDRW/VCR, use the DVDRW/VCR RC output and connect that to the FR-RC modulator RC input and use the FR output to the TV.However as I said before the signal is useless and black and white on top of that there is no audio so I was forced to use the s-video RC audio outputs to get audio.

I have tried every other type of connection to fix the problem since the DVDRW/VCR you can't change output via the setup menu only the input source (AV1 AV2 DV and FR) Even went as far as connecting the Decoder directly to the modulator and use the FR output to connect to the DVDRW/VCR FR and use the the FR output to the TV... again the modulator signal was a little better but the colour was a little off.

Any advice a new TV is not on the books right now maybe two or so months and also not paying extra for a signal I am not going to use (TV2 uses FR output)

I hope you can figure that out wiring has become quite the undertaking?
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Sojourn

Re: LG DVDRW VCR Machine Troubles

Post by Sojourn »

repair tv
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

LOL!!!

I forgot to add that I am in the middle of the freestate and TV repair is like buying a new one here have to drive 300Km to and from to the closest repair shop/man.

The fuse on the TV is fine but there is no power so either power on Led went or the tube since I don't have a electrical tester I won't know for sure but some where the circuit is broken since nothing is burnt all capacitors intact or leaking I.....
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

from what I understand in your ramblings your TV is fuggered, either repair it or replace it, sounds harsh, but you cannot make a rock peepee water.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

from what I understand in your ramblings your TV is fuggered, either repair it or replace it, sounds harsh, but you cannot make a rock peepee water.
Dude take your sarcasm your puns and not getting laid and stuff it where the sun don't shine.

I asked for advice getting by with the hardware I have not with I don't have....There is a reason
for it money doesn't grow on trees and I'm not driving 600km to get it fixed as it is unlikely that it will be fixed on the same day so I will have to drive back again that would cost at least R1200.00
which is pointless ?

If you don't have any thing useful to say or least have half a brain to try and help go plug your finger into a 240 volt double adapter you numb skull.

Which do you lack common sense or higher brain functions?

Your cocky response was uncalled for....
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Nothing about my response was meant to have fun at your expense. I am honestly telling you that no tinkering will solve your problem as your equipment is foeked. For you to accept that reality is not my problem.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Calling it a rambling got me p@ssed in the first place......
reality of the problem is if I can the DVDRW FR out to work as god intended I will not have this problem and since you are not directly trying to assist in fixing that specific problem your reply's are of no use.And there is nothing wrong with the hardware as they are brand new except the TV which is not fooked other wise it wouldn't work in the first place...

Nice try but try again..

In reality if you had some understanding of what is going on or at least have a concept of what I'm trying to do you would have understood that getting the FR output to work correctly all of the problems of bad signal via the modulator(Do you even know what that is or what it does?) would be obsolete....

Do you have DVDRW/VCR? What do you use in the bios setup menu to change signal type.? How do you change the signal type to FR out when you don't have a tv tuned to that signal?
Can you answer those questions?

This is not a simple plug and play installation and it works like magic there is specific steps that needs to be followed and not just hardware software as well ?

Your pointing to stuff I don't need or don't want.

Now if you can point me in the right direction to get the FR output to work it would be much appreciated and not the weak tech savvy look alike attempts that is about as useful uncooked bread in a butter factory ?
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Sojourn wrote:from what I understand in your ramblings your TV is fuggered, either repair it or replace it, sounds harsh, but you cannot make a rock peepee water.
wizardofid wrote:Calling it a rambling got me p@ssed in the first place......
:happy1:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Just want to check, RC connectors are those yellow/red/white (sometimes one of them are black) connectors, right? One carrying video, the two others left and right audio.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Don't worry I got it fixed.

Instead of using the DVDRW/VCR RC output to connect to the modulator I have to use RC input.The modulator can now decode the signal correctly as well as a clear picture.Got the DSTV working as well by using the second set of RC connectors.

Just have to check that it can record now.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Nothing like a flame post to get people to think for themselves.
/clap-clap
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

ja ja ja whatever ! *unashamed*

Looping the signal never crossed my mind.? kinda odd