WIN7 Burning probs

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
PsYnaNoTiC

WIN7 Burning probs

Post by PsYnaNoTiC »

Hey guys

Any of you experiencing problems writing .iso's, movies and so on using win7 64bit?

DVD-movies won't work in player except the pc.

I've read so much on nero not being compatable, different media,different writers etc.

Anyone found any fixes to this?
Core 2 Quad Q9450
Gigabyte DSL Range
MSI 8800GT OC
2 x 2GB Jetram
Gigabyte 550W ODIN
3D Mark 2006 - 13632
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: WIN7 Burning probs

Post by Stuart »

So you're using Nero to burn movies to a DVD, which won't play, and then you're blaming Windows 7 for this problem? Is that about right?
PsYnaNoTiC

Post by PsYnaNoTiC »

Don't you have anything better to do stuart?

If you look at the question "Any of you experiencing problems writing .iso's, movies and so on using win7 64bit?"

I'm blaming Win7 because the problem is with Win7.

Anything written to disc that can be used in a home theatre system does not work when written in WIN7. Same story using Nero7,8,9, roxy burning software, Win7 burning software and numerous other software burning packages that does not use nero's burning engine, so it's not just Nero, get it?

Also, using the same software,encoders and what ever else works 100% in XP and Vista, well in 32bit, I have not tried 64 bit XP or Vista. I'm not sure if the problem is WIN7 or the fact that I'm running it in 64bit . If you do a quick search on the net you will see that there are lots of people experiencing the same problem.

Any advise from someone with valid advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Core 2 Quad Q9450
Gigabyte DSL Range
MSI 8800GT OC
2 x 2GB Jetram
Gigabyte 550W ODIN
3D Mark 2006 - 13632
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Sorry. Next time I'll just suck an answer out of my thumb without checking for clarification. Would that suit you better?

How many players have you tried playing the DVD in (if that's a valid question ... if not, please feel free to throw another hissy fit)? I've burned video files onto DVD in Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and Nero 9. They've played fine on various DVD players. Granted, all of these have been home movies, so I couldn't comment for sure about writing your legally obtained Hannah Montana movie ISO to DVD.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Dude... you open up pointing fingers at the OS, then later on finger nero as the culprit. You cannot blame Stu for his comment.

To get back to your problem, I think your home theater DVD player is the culprit. Have you tested written media in other devices besides your own player?
PsYnaNoTiC

Post by PsYnaNoTiC »

I have tried the media on numerous players. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited over WIN7 but only had problems since I got it. Not even my cellphone works on the 64bit version. I know it's up to the cell manufactorer to update their drivers but it did work on all the previous versions of windows.

Anyway to get back to the problem at hand, I merely asked if anyone else on the PC-format forum had similar problems. If so, have they solved or not. I'm not interested in a useless timewasting closed-minded fingerpointing game like the one the mouse started.
Core 2 Quad Q9450
Gigabyte DSL Range
MSI 8800GT OC
2 x 2GB Jetram
Gigabyte 550W ODIN
3D Mark 2006 - 13632
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Make and model of your optical?

As for Stu's reply... methinks you are overly sensitive. Grow some crocodile.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

the range of possible culprits is wide open...
  • media, (some players have a strong distaste for certain media)
    region, (your player has now exceeded its region allowance an is locked on the last region)
    format, (your player hates/doesn't support the format being presented)
    user, (your misbegotten treasure was infected up the wazooo with m1lfluvv@z.conficker.A and your PC is now listed as a no-go zone by the CDC...)

lets not forget that vista/w7 are endowed with the world's most retarded-est DRM system ever devised and you're probably better off simply watching the original disc... just an idea... you know... use it.. .don't use it...

@Sojourn: I'd be pleasantly surprised to learn it wasn't a sony :lol:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

retarded-est
, is that a fact or a figment? :P
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

rustypup wrote:@Sojourn: I'd be pleasantly surprised to learn it wasn't a sony :lol:
I have a Sony writer at home and the DVDs I've burned have worked fine on various players. Have only used Memorex DVDs thus far. Had about half a spindle of errors with HP CDs in that writer, but all my Memorex DVDs have worked fine. But again, I've burned nothing that would be affected in any way by DRM.
PsYnaNoTiC

Post by PsYnaNoTiC »

Hey guys... thank you for trying to be helpful, you too stuart.

I'm using Verbatim and tried other as well
My theatre system is unlocked for region 1 and 2
As mentioned before, I have tried it in different media players as well.
I have also read about numerous people with exactly the same problem.
Using the same methods works perfectly well on XP and Vista on the same hardware.

I don't think it is DRM related as everything has been removed. Unless 7 uses different methods than Vista. One other thing to mention, I have a samsung writer, a samsung cellphone(mention earlier) and have only test on samsung media players...maybe any relevance, I dunno.

I have also read about numerous burning packages not compatible with win 7, apparently only nero8 upwards and certain newer versions of roxy and the rest is compatible, although they all worked in vista.

I've been in IT for over 14years and have tried everything. It's one hell of a terrible mind boggle.
Core 2 Quad Q9450
Gigabyte DSL Range
MSI 8800GT OC
2 x 2GB Jetram
Gigabyte 550W ODIN
3D Mark 2006 - 13632
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Try burning a home movie to dvd and see if that plays
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
PsYnaNoTiC

Post by PsYnaNoTiC »

Not too sure what you mean by home movie.

If you are talking about a normal movie dvd, that is my biggest problem, I just can't get it to work using win7.
Core 2 Quad Q9450
Gigabyte DSL Range
MSI 8800GT OC
2 x 2GB Jetram
Gigabyte 550W ODIN
3D Mark 2006 - 13632
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Tbh, it sounds like something is wonky to me with your installation--particularly since it all worked fine in Vista. Verbatim makes good media, so I would think you're in good hands there. Samsung's drives are touch and go, but if the burn process completes successfully I somehow don't think the problem is there.

Your DVD player may be region freed, but what about your writer in your computer? rusty was saying that your writer also region specific. It can be changed five times before it locks itself permanently ... unless you run some region free software in the background or flash the drive's firmware.

The cell phone is a completely separate issue. My HTC worked fine in Vista and I had a bit of a mission to get it synched with Vista, but that obviously has nothing to do with your DVD burning woes.

Are you trying to make DVDs of your own home recordings, or are you backing up DVD movies, or both?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

And exactly what media are you using? DVD+R or DVD-R?
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

PsYnaNoTiC wrote:Not too sure what you mean by home movie.

If you are talking about a normal movie dvd, that is my biggest problem, I just can't get it to work using win7.
I mean something that you recorded yourself, with a video camera, not something you've "removed the drm from".
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
PsYnaNoTiC

Post by PsYnaNoTiC »

Hi Stuart

I'm sorry for the jump earlier, you are actually trying to help.

Just backups of DVD-movies (just to prevent this from entering the topic, "my own" dvds :))

I have used DVD - which didn't work and bought a +spindle, same thing. I am using DVD Fab V.6.2 to rip and DVD shrink V3.2 To encode. All goes 100% well with those two steps. I burn it using the different burners, it completes without any problems and boom! it doesn't work in the media players. I either get a half grey and black screen or it just keeps loading. I've also had it where it will start the movie in a random place not allowing you to go to the menu or skip any chapters.
Core 2 Quad Q9450
Gigabyte DSL Range
MSI 8800GT OC
2 x 2GB Jetram
Gigabyte 550W ODIN
3D Mark 2006 - 13632
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I've found that DVD+R are awful for movies. Have you only tried one DVD-R? if so, I'd give it another try. Have you tried playing the movies back on your hard drive once you've ripped them? I'm not familiar with DVD Fab. Try DVD Decrypter to rip it and see if you get the same result.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

PsYnaNoTiC wrote: Just backups of DVD-movies.
:| Most collectors look after their originals.. unless.. :shock: your a pirate ? :idea: :?: :lol:
:smack:
Temporary Absence
PsYnaNoTiC

Post by PsYnaNoTiC »

Ok guys… Solved it.

Well… not solved but got a perfect workaround.

There is definitely a compatibility issue between nero etc and win7. What works 100% is to rip with DVDFAB/Decrypter, shrink with DVD Shrink and compile to an image file. Then burn the image file with an app called IMGBURN as it doesn’t work with any other image burners. Yay!

I must admit it’s a moer of a workaround but at least I can enjoy WIN7 now with all the features I need.

Thanks for the advice guys.
Core 2 Quad Q9450
Gigabyte DSL Range
MSI 8800GT OC
2 x 2GB Jetram
Gigabyte 550W ODIN
3D Mark 2006 - 13632
Prime

Post by Prime »

Dude, what version of 7 are you using? rc1, beta or post release? Secondly, what about trying to rip and encode them using divx? Do the files actually run on your pc?

Anthro, lol. :lol:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Anthro wrote:
:| Most collectors look after their originals.. unless.. :shock: your a pirate ? :idea: :?: :lol:
I used to look after my originals. Then my wife gave birth to a redhead. Now I backup all my DVDs to hard drive ASAP.

True story.
Mykhal

Post by Mykhal »

Stuart wrote:
Anthro wrote:
I used to look after my originals. Then my wife gave birth to a redhead. Now I backup all my DVDs to hard drive ASAP.

True story.
:lol:
Dual Core E2140@1.6GHz, 2 Gig Ram, 500 Gig Samsung HD, 80 Gig Maxtor, Geforce 7300se :oops:
Thanx Ama :notworthy:
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

yep, once the kids get hold of them....bye bye.....

Lost a couple software cds, dvds, even games....Arrrgh......but i love my kids......i promise.....