lockout on domain user not connected to server

Network problem solving and tweaks
Belix

lockout on domain user not connected to server

Post by Belix »

Hi folks
Got an irritating situation.
I have a domain user that is outside the office miles away. He says he was prompted for a password change yesterday, which he did whereafter he says the system refused the new password on attempting to log in again. He says the laptop now reports the account as locked even after rebooting.

Now since he is not logging into the server, a change on the server is not going to help anything as he has no connection to it.
Logging in as administrator would also not help as user control does not list the domain account, so there is no way to reset the domain profile password...or is there?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks!!

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
doo_much

Re: lockout on domain user not connected to server

Post by doo_much »

Can you not have him log onto his laptop as admin for the time being till he gets back to the office and can connect to the domain?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Belix

Re: lockout on domain user not connected to server

Post by Belix »

Would be a pain in the neck to set up a bunch of programs that would use settings in the profile, otherwise would do that.
Trouble is the domain he needs to connect to is in a remote office he is not liekly to return to for almost three weeks...

Very odd, when this has happened to me, the old password would usually still work...

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |