Frontpage website administration (IIS6)

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Augur

Frontpage website administration (IIS6)

Post by Augur »

Please could somebody help!?

I'm busy configuring a new IIS web-hosting server that must support Frontpage enabled sites.
I now have two servers configured with variations of the same problem:

I can't access the Frontpage administration page for an individual site. It asks for a password.
(Yes I've reset all the passwords, reinstalled the OS, recreated the users, the groups and the sites)
On a clean install I can get the default web site to have server extensions 2002 enabled and access the administration page. I can't get the second page working. Or any site for that matter even if it is the first page with server extensions 2002.
Bottom line is I can only access the default administration page (Sometimes the first site shows up as having a path of http://%localhost% in the "Frontpage Server Extensions Administration" page and then I can access the Administration pages)

Please could somebody who knows how to get multiple Frontpage enabled websites running on the same Server 2003 machine help me out?

One of the machines is configured as a Domain controller with Active Directories (SBS2003) and the other (Server 2003 Enterprise Edition) configured as a standalone machine. Both will allow me to extend pages and seem to be in perfect working order.

I've read just about every website/document/forum I can get my hands on and installed, reinstalled and reinstalled!!
I'm at a COMPLETE LOSS! And utterly desperate (I started working on this project in March 2009!!!)

ps: Please, as a favour to me, do not tell me to run anything other than Server 2003. It is NOT an option
Augur

Re: Frontpage website administration (IIS6)

Post by Augur »

Hello...

Anybody out there?

I know somebody must have managed to get this working at some point.... You know who you are.

Please... :(
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Sorry I cant help :(. Maybe pm maxxis?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Prime

Post by Prime »

You could also try pming PaperCut who does webpage design, though i'm not sure how much he knows about servers. I'm trying to recall who else might know and still be active on these forums.

if i understand your problem correctly, are you sure its actually logging in and not misbehaving at the login screen?

how was the old server configured? Same system? If so, any chance you can compare its setup to your current one?
Augur

Post by Augur »

@ Prime

The problem seems to be that the username should be linked to the site and no amount of recreating, resetting or starting from scratch will let a user log into a site that has a URL other than http://%localhost%

The previous system is running a different OS and on it's last 0.5 of a leg. I've taken a look at the config and from what I can see it is exactly the same. It should be working but it doesn't.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to admit to PICNIC (Problem In Chair Not In Computer) or similar. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (Either that or I've got the wrong end of the stick and I'm assuming it should be doing something that it doesn't)