windows 7 installtion fail

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
geraldhum

windows 7 installtion fail

Post by geraldhum »

Hi Guys

I am trying to install windows 7(downloaded version) i have tested it on 2 laptops and 1 desktop.
Both the laptops are 1.5ghz processer and 1gb ram which worked wonders:) the desktop is a 1.8ghz cpu and 1 gb ram and that installed fine.

I am now testing it on another laptop LGF1 which has a 1.6ghz processer and 1gb ram, after the installtion is finished and the final boot starts it wont load into windows. where you normally get a press any key to boot off cd.... it just frezzers there with this flashing in the top left hand corner"_". I tried installing multiple times and still no luck.

Then i went and tried a boot repair and then it tells me there is no problem. Anyone seen this before i am so stuck.
RuadRauFlessa

Re: windows 7 installtion fail

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

What is the boot priorities in the BIOS. :?:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
geraldhum

Post by geraldhum »

I have checked the boot and i changed it from cd-hdd-lan to hdd-cd-lan, but not working. It is using a SATA 80GB hdd.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Your optical drive isn't reading that cd as bootable, I think. even though other driver can/do. So, umm either write another disc or ghost from another pc or something. (You shouldn't be installing one os on multiple pc's- which we assume you acquired legally of course- unless you have multiple legal keys... :roll: )

^^ But I'm guessing that lappie's optical drive ain't playing nice with your disc.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Try booting off another disk (any bootable disk - to test), maybe the optical drive is playing up.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

SykomantiS wrote:Your optical drive isn't reading that cd as bootable, I think. even though other driver can/do. So, umm either write another disc or ghost from another pc or something. (You shouldn't be installing one os on multiple pc's- which we assume you acquired legally of course- unless you have multiple legal keys... :roll: )

^^ But I'm guessing that lappie's optical drive ain't playing nice with your disc.
Sojourn wrote:Try booting off another disk (any bootable disk - to test), maybe the optical drive is playing up.
geraldhum wrote:after the installtion is finished and the final boot starts
Doesn't sound like the CD's not booting. Sounds like it won't boot into Windows AFTER installation.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Oh that. Must've misread that. Then I don't know
geraldhum

Post by geraldhum »

yes sorry if you never understood but it wont boot into windows after installtion. I just re-installed vista basic and it booted fine. well trying something else now and hopefuly it would work
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

You didn't by any chance try booting into safe mode after installation? Check for a graphic driver problem or something?
geraldhum

Post by geraldhum »

It wont even allow me to go into safe or any mode just gets stuck on a blck screen where it would usually say press any key to boot off cd...Just trying to re-install win7 through an external dvd rom(usb) and see what happens
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

So it doesn't even finish posting?
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

It finishes posting but it doesn't get to execute the boot sector correctly. Only place where the issue could be is the boot sector. So although It might say that the mbr is fine just redo it in any case.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
ChuckNorris

Post by ChuckNorris »

Just my two cents, we had a similar problem with a MSI desktop. Installed W7, won't boot, would just hang just after the startup BIOS screen. We flashed the BIOS and presto it booted fine afterwards. Guess it was one of theose 'ghosts in the machines'.