Paper-thin flexible loudspeaker

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
jee

Paper-thin flexible loudspeaker

Post by jee »

The Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Awards winner, ITRI, created a paper-thin flexible loudspeaker {FleXpeaker} that utilized paper and metal layer as the material and printing for production. Applications for this technology are rather extensive and with enormous industry potential. Aside from currently using in family stereo automobile hi-fi equipment, it can also be used in earphone or for industrial anti-noise purpose.

It will pioneer a new era in speakers and the electronic sound industry. Aside from upgrading traditional speaker industry, it can be extended to the revolutionary Memo card, thin-sheet MP3 innovative applications, and can be integrated into energy-saving buildings, electric vehicle, entertainment and medical application. Coupled with the needs of humanized, mobilized and personalized for daily living, it will also bring along with new type of technology products.

rest of the story
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Paper-thin flexible loudspeaker

Post by StarBound »

I dont think that current speakers uses paper for anything although I have seen carton with some speakers but cant recall how it was used.

The downside is ofc dont get caught in the rain with these. Other than that the idea sounds brilliant. Can you imagine surroundsound in your home without having to install something against a wall? Just prestick and presto.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

many top end speakers use paper for the cones. :wink:
naughty

Post by naughty »

PureFire wrote:many top end speakers use paper for the cones. :wink:
agreed - treated paper cones are used in some of the best midbass speakers ever made - besides these are treated ie they are coated so that moisture and water will not unduly affect them too much unless they are soaked in it for a length of time

besides these speakers seem orientated toward a high/midrange frequency usage - so as they mention in the articles i can imagine arrays of these being used in many applications in conjunction with additional speakers for the lower end and basically these would replace the textile and silk high frequency drivers normally used
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor