SA's most trusted broadband providers

Network problem solving and tweaks
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

SA's most trusted broadband providers

Post by Ron2K »

MyBroadband has just published the results of a survey they've conducted as to how well trusted are South Africa's main broadband providers (Telkom, Vodacom, MTN, Neotel and iBurst). They calculated a "trust percentage", where the trust of a provider in relationship to its competitors was computed; based on that, Vodacom was placed first, followed in order by Telkom, MTN, Neotel and iBurst.

Full article is here, if you're interested in the actual results and/or the methodology used in the survey.

What I'd be really interested to see is a similar survey conducted at the ISP level.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Sojourn

Re: SA's most trusted broadband providers

Post by Sojourn »

+1 on ISP level - although they normally throw stuff back at telkom.

The gripe I have with a survey like that is the segment of the market used is not necessarily representative of actual consumer consumption. What "right" do a consumer have to rate a service provider if they have never made meaningful use of the service?

At best this is a reflection of perception.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: SA's most trusted broadband providers

Post by Stuart »

Sojourn wrote:What "right" do a consumer have to rate a service provider if they have never made meaningful use of the service?
Agreed. Assuming, that is, you were required to vote for all five. I for one would only be able to express an opinion on three of the five (Telkom, Vodacom and Neotel).

Given the Neotel bashing that typically goes on at MyBB, I'm a little surprised to see an almost 50% trust rate! :shock: