StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Attaching signature to e-mail from MS Office

Post by StarPhoenix »

Now and then, I am lazy enough to want to e-mail documents from MS Office applications
using the File>Send to.... menu rather than saving the file, running Outlook and attaching and sending it from there.

While I have set Windows to use MS Outlook as my default e-mail programme. [IE....Tools>Internet Options>Programs], it is not automagically adding my signature
to the e-mail. I don't mind inserting my signature through Outlook's Insert Menu, but my Boss feels differently about this.

Is there any way you know of to attach signatures to mail which is passed from Office to
Outlook happen automatically?

Thank you.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
SBSP

Re: Attaching signature to e-mail from MS Office

Post by SBSP »

No you cant :lol: Sorry.

http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum ... p/t/99253/
from Word / Excel, going to the signature option, I can set the signature for new outgoing messages

In my definition, sending an e-mail using Word / Excel is exactly the same as sending a new message. Otherwise Word / Excel should not bother using the Outlook interface. Either use it completely, or don't.

Telling me it doesn't work is telling the owner of a car that the lights don't work (although it is an option) and the lights are installed. (The workaround would be to hold a torch in your hand)

In these years of communication, and e-mail importance, I would expect Microsoft to have this as a top priority...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: