Dremel Heaven.... !!1!!!11!!

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
douglash

Dremel Heaven.... !!1!!!11!!

Post by douglash »

Dremel

OMW - so I'm busy modding my gpu cooler to fit the Zotac non-reference pc board right and i'm thinking i need a hacksaw blade to cut a heatsink... then i think, if only i could find a place that has Dremel cutting discs...

so anyhow, yesterday we mozy'd (actually we hurried our asses so we got there in time) on down to the hardware, asked for cutting discs for a Dremel (35mm) and the guy is like confused :? - how small??? so i get a hacksaw blade...

under the advice of "the better half" we went down to Builders Express in Old Main Rd, Pinetown to see if they perhaps knew what a Dremel was and the cutting discs that is used on them...

Low 'n Behold - i have found the Dremel Mecca of Durban!!!!

They have EVERYTHING!!! Dremel routers, disc saws, they have 3, maybe 4 different actual variants of Dremels, hell, they even stock the Cordless Dremel.... Truly this was a sight to be seen...

So anyhow, it looks like i might be going to a "Dremel Evening" where the Dremel guys are going to give demos' and stuff of the Dremels... now, if you think like i think, and i'm sure you basically do... what do these "evenings" of demo's and stuff normally entail.....

FREE STUFF!!!!!

ps - if you don't know what a Dremel is, well, it's ok... neither did i at first. Then i needed to cut my case and OMW - what an awesome tool!!!

Dremel
Prime

Re: Dremel Heaven.... !!1!!!11!!

Post by Prime »

:lol:

Yes, they are orsom. I will get myself a router when I have some spare cash. The mega Mica at lifestyle garden centre had a decent stock at good prices. :D
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Hmmm, had I known there would have been interest in stores well stocked with Dremel goods, I would have showed you photos of the Builders Warehouse close to where I stay. They've got pretty much every Dremel product you can think of, and then some. I HATE going into that store, because I always walk out there with an empty wallet :?
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Prime

Post by Prime »

DAE_JA_VOO, :lol: yup I must have spent a fortune on dremel accessories.

My dad bought me back a very nice kit of dremel type accessories from Canada. Its called the Job Mate and has every imaginable blade and grinding/polishing wheel you could want. :mrgreen:
GrimAndy

Post by GrimAndy »

All i want is the drill chuck! I shall be making a trip to pinetown very soon to check out your great find.
"Pull The Trigger And The Nightmare Stops"
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.skampy.co.za

http://grimandy.mybrute.com
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Prime wrote::lol:

I will get myself a router when I have some spare cash.
I would not get a router attachment - again. The Dremel unit moves around in the attachment, so you're straight cut is not so straight. Or the cut to depth is also not very well executed. Maybe it was because I used it to cut hard perspex and not wood (which it was actually meant to do). On my Paris Hilton mod (Which is desperately calling for my attention) I used the attachment to do depth cuts, it was seriously hard to get it perfect. For that job I should have rather gotten a proper router.