Building an asterisk liveCD

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
SBSP

Building an asterisk liveCD

Post by SBSP »

Is anyone interested in helping to build a Free Community Voice Over IP system using Asterisk ?

This is what ive done sofar.

I built a working liveCD that will turn any PC into a Voip server from scratch

Once its booted you can log into it from a remote machine and manage it.
Using a PHP based Web Gui.
And Manage as in create/delete users ect ect. which is stored in a MySQL database
and the config gets generated for Asterisk from the MySQL server and saved to file.

I want to make it available to anyone and i want it to be available in LiveCD Format.
Or bootable USB drive.

At the moment its not ready for use because it needs some clean up and i need to
down size the its linux core even more cus its sitting at 200MB i have it less than a 100Megs.

This is what the Gui looks like.

My PHP skills isnt good, the Gui has no security,
I got the icons from a wiki page with GNU icons, so maybe it needs its own custom icons
The name , i called it 'SodaCup' Think its pretty original
and the Gui is not very professional.

There currently is other live versions for this and its called
AsteriskNow or TrixBox, but trixbox you pay for and asterisk now is complicated.
All you should have is a system that you can add/remove users and have simple system functions.

This little system is working you can connect 2 Voip clients and phone one another.
Ive tested this on my Iphone , Nokia E60, Zoiper Pc client and X-lite.

They all work really well.

So if someone is interested i will further post my Ideas that i want to add to this.
Such as Settings backup scheduled to a remote location or even remote public online location.

Add dial plans
Add custom sound prompts
Custom Menus. ect ect.