Application error message - HELP

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
jee

Application error message - HELP

Post by jee »

Once of my Cybers has a prob with two of his computers. They are a year old, have sufficient Ram ect.

After booting up, when he has to log on, an error message "application error - could not be written" comes up.

He reformatted, he tried to repair - it works, but on restart the same message comes back.

PC has XP, updated service packs, M$, some other usable software like OO, winzip, Picassa and FF with several extensions. It uses 3Com wireless NC's to connect to the Access point to print and to connect to the Net router.

Where lies the problem? Is it software related? Please help troubleshoot.

ta
jee
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: Application error message - HELP

Post by Tribble »

Could it be a memory problem?
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Does it say which application has failed? In the title bar of the application there should be a name of sorts.

You could try disabling all startup programs an reenabling them one at a time to see which one causes the issue.

Does it do the same when booting into safe mode?
to ápeiro anima
jee

Post by jee »

Hmmm, i will find out exactly which error - and recommend he uses safe mode.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Safe mode will be really ugly and a lot of things won't run properly under it - suggest fixing it over using safe mode as a workaround.
to ápeiro anima
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

If you check the event viewer it should tell you which application failed.

Right click My Computer - select Manage then find event viewr in the left pane under that you will find Application.

It will show a list of errors check the recent ones if it logged it it will have a red cross next to it.
then paste here.