Battlestations Pacific

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Driveldriver

Battlestations Pacific

Post by Driveldriver »

I bought July copy of PCF and was thrilled to see that battlestations Pacific was on the disc. :D but on during installation it came up with an error. :( Now I don't know if the problem was with the disc or with the file. If it was with the disc, how can I get another one? And if it is with the file (presumably everyone had the problem installing it) will it be published again?

Did anyone have the same problem? :|
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Battlestations Pacific

Post by Stuart »

I don't suppose you'd care to elaborate on the error you received?
Driveldriver

Post by Driveldriver »

Ok

There was a problem using the PCF install button which seemed to show activity forever on my DVD drive and my hard drive, but which on using Windows Task manager came up with the message (Not Responding) This made me think it was a problem with the installation button or the DVD, so I went to the folder that had the install exe file (BPS_ Pcdemo_setup.exe) and tried to install from there. After an extremely long period of activity on the drives it came with the message asking if I wanted to install it in English (United States). The installation began and as it was about to finish I got the message: 1152 error extracting. which made me think it was a problem with the file.

I tried copying the file to my hard drive and installing from there. There was also an incredibly long period before I was asked to choose the language for installation. Again on finishing extracting file battle stations demo.msi the same error appeared.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Hi Driveldriver, and welcome to PCF. If you don't mind our more insane members (of which Stuart Little is definitely one), please introduce yourself here. :wink:

I'll give mine a try this evening - if mine works, it's your disc; if mine doesn't, it's the file.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ron2K wrote:Hi Driveldriver, and welcome to PCF. If you don't mind our more insane members (of which Stuart Little is definitely one), please introduce yourself here. :wink:
Oi, I resemble that! :evil:

I'm afraid I'd have to try mine at home too. From the fact that you got the error even after copying the file to your disc, it sounds like a file issue, though it could just be your particular disc that has a file issue (badly burnt or something like that).
Driveldriver

Post by Driveldriver »

Driveldriver

Post by Driveldriver »

Look forward to hearing from you guys tomorrow :D
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Driveldriver wrote:Look forward to hearing from you guys tomorrow :D
Well, what I can tell you right now is that the office PC refuses to read the disc at all - both sides of it. That does suggest a drive fault to me; still going to test on the home machines this evening.
Driveldriver

Post by Driveldriver »

So ? Did it work or did you leave it at home? :wink:
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Sorry, my bad - I keep on forgetting to take the disc home with me!

When I remember, I'll let you know how it went.