The Official SWTOR thread.

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: The Official SWTOR thread.

Post by StarBound »

Weird. Last weekend went on without a hitch. BTW if it is anything like last weekends test then the game will go down at around midnight monday. But it is 20gb so no SA connection will allow for downloading it in time.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

StarBound wrote:But it is 20gb so no SA connection will allow for downloading it in time.
Yes, I am aware of this :x
Ghostspock

Post by Ghostspock »

Interfan wrote:
Ghostspock wrote:
Sojourn wrote:
Ghostspock wrote:

Seems like my bad feeling was justified, SWTOR will not be released in SA. You can import a copy for between R850-00 and R1000-00 if you want but theres no guarantee that it will work.
Yes there is. They have stated over and over again there will be no ip blocks. They are restricting the sales but if you can get your hands on it you will be able to play.

If they weren't going to allow us to play, they would have blocked us during the beta. I played without any issues.
No, theres no ip blocking. Yes if you can get your hands on one you can play. Yes they are allowing you to play if you have a key. BUT you have no support if something goes wrong. I am not paying R800-00 plus and a monthly sub. Ill wait till its released locally at a decent price or it fails. Whichever comes first.
Guild Wars: Active, World of Warcraft: Subscribed
Tabula Rasa: Canceled, WAR: Canceled, Aion: Canceled
Star Trek Online: Lifetime Subscription, Lotro: Canceled
RIFT: Canceled, Age of Empires; Canceled
The Old Republic: Boycotting, GW 2: Awaiting Release
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Your choice. As for no support, that depends what the issue, they won't help your concerning connection and performance since they can't guarantee that since no local release but they will certainly help concerning other issues. They have already done this for quite a lot of so called red zoners.

So far game is brilliant. Gotten my jedi knight past chapter and up to level 36. There are quite a few nostalgic moments for those who played the kotor games as well. Our SA Republican Knights guild is also up to 50 + member so far. Doing the heroics is really fun as well.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer