Rickrolling

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
Prime

Re: Rickrolling

Post by Prime »

maxxis wrote:
Prime wrote:Well you Necro'd the SPCA thread :whistling:
For a good reason that contributed to the thread and and and and
:run4hills: :run4hills:
You are going to release the rabid dogs from the SPCA :shock: :run4hills:

yes I know, I'm just stirring the pot :whistling:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Sojourn wrote:
Prime wrote:I can understand the necro issue when threads are necro'd for no valid reason, but as for rickrolling, so, everyone has a laugh. and frankly the guys like Sojourn who ***** and complain because they got rickrolled, troll and spam our threads and frequently piss us off. So, I'm sorry, but I don't see why we can't have our own back? :|
Prime. Please link where I spammed a thread where you needed to get your own back...
My gripe is with tinyurl links which is used in an ambush in the mids of a semi-serious discussion.
Yes, I access the site from work. Yes I use web-apps that gets F-ed because of that link.
Thus my complaint.

I try to avoid the spam threads where people amass 14k+ post counts on purpose. Feel free to rick-spam to your hearts content there.
Leave the grown-up's discussion to the grown-up's.
I would hardly call your behaviour at times, grown up :?

http://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic. ... he+Knights

I have to go home now, but if you sift your way through those, there is atleast one sarcy comment from you. :|

And No, neither of them is a rickroll... pity...
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

But that is what the Spam thread is for. (We do it to mousey all the time) Sojourn is just doing what we all do there. And it is not our thread as much as it feels like it. Everyone is welcome there. Even Wiz and Puppy pop in now and again :shock: Maxxis too on occasion.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

I think rickrolls should be allowed in the main spam threads (English, afrikaans threads mainly), but not in the technical and discussion threads (such as Prime's distasteful rickroll in the thread about M J's death)
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Prime wrote:
Sojourn wrote:
Prime wrote:I can understand the necro issue when threads are necro'd for no valid reason, but as for rickrolling, so, everyone has a laugh. and frankly the guys like Sojourn who ***** and complain because they got rickrolled, troll and spam our threads and frequently piss us off. So, I'm sorry, but I don't see why we can't have our own back? :|
Prime. Please link where I spammed a thread where you needed to get your own back...
My gripe is with tinyurl links which is used in an ambush in the mids of a semi-serious discussion.
Yes, I access the site from work. Yes I use web-apps that gets F-ed because of that link.
Thus my complaint.

I try to avoid the spam threads where people amass 14k+ post counts on purpose. Feel free to rick-spam to your hearts content there.
Leave the grown-up's discussion to the grown-up's.
I would hardly call your behaviour at times, grown up :?

I have to go home now, but if you sift your way through those, there is atleast one sarcy comment from you. :|

And No, neither of them is a rickroll... pity...
:roll:
You are linking to a spam thread to motivate your case against me? That will prove your point. :salute:
A thread in which I made posts fighting against the uselessness of creating some "clan" which is just a vehicle for extra spam... keep up the good work.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

You guys... seriously. Enough now.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

senile wrote:I'd like to know why the forum rules only apply to some people and not to all. Especially the necro rule.

What makes you think that? I ban without prejudice, I will ban everyone from Kronos to Tribble! Most forums that I know of have the necro rule, rr, well some complain some do not, I do not really give a damn, if I am caught out I will just ban the person, why? Because I can. :twisted: :lol:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »