<BR>when i reboot i get a windows protection error
<BR>a single one in either slot works but not in both at once
<BR>both dimms work in any one of the two slots
<BR>
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Memory

Post by Cameron_Losco »

I take it that if you run either of the memory modules in slot 2 the same thing happens and that if you leave slot 1 open and only run on slot 2 then there is no problem.
<BR>
<BR>Now if this is the case then you could have one of a number of problems, it could be your board (also check your chip sets for over heating), power supply (check your voltmeter) or processor.
<BR>Has this problem always been there or did it just start up?
<BR>
<BR>If I were you I would send the PC to a techie for a check-up because something is very wrong.
<BR>
erasure

Memory

Post by erasure »

Strange but true...I have founded that memory works in one box and not in another box, so it can be that the parity checks that the bios excecutesat start up reads the parity differences between the memory modules, even if they are the same eg. pc133, this is why it works when used on their own then only that single memory module´s parity is checked and not together, the parity this is one´s and zero´s on the modules is not the same.
Eagle

Memory

Post by Eagle »

Just a small question, are the memory dimms the same brand? eg. both LG or sum other brand or are they different? That could cause a problem.