Display report in a grid-like format

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
endev8003

Display report in a grid-like format

Post by endev8003 »

I have to build a report to create a brochure.

The products will have one image each. The products, with selected fields like title and price, will have to be displayed in a grid format, for example 3 columns and 4 rows, thus showing 12 products on a page.

Does anyone have an idea of how to accomplish this. At the moment, I'm using the windows report designer with VS 2005. It is the report viewer I prefer, but if necessary, I can switch to something else.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
Skroppy

Re: Display report in a grid-like format

Post by Skroppy »

SQL Server Reporting Services man. Use it. Try a table as a layout and then populate it however you see fit. Its a breeze.
endev8003

Re: Display report in a grid-like format

Post by endev8003 »

Thanks for the answer.

I managed to find a solution. I used a list for each column of the grid. It does mean that each report does three hits to the database, however it is not an issue, since the report wouldn't be used that much.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.