Fedora 10

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
Frozenfireside

Fedora 10

Post by Frozenfireside »

I am trying out Fedora 10 after fighting with Fedora 7 to get FF3 installed. It just wouldn't do it.

Installation took 10 mins off a 680meg ISO burned to DVD.

Will report on my findings.

*Boot screen is nicer then 7 :lol:
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
WAJeff

Re: Fedora 10

Post by WAJeff »

Hey man,

Dunno if Fedora has the same issue as Debian, but there might be naming issues or something. I know Debian uses FF, but its named Iceweasel. Other than the name, it works the exact same

Are you receiving any error messages when you try and install or run FF?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

I know very little about Linux and would like any and all input regarding my plans.

I plan to use Fedora 10.

I want to load it onto a Intel Atom or Via Nano system with a very small hard drive (6GB).

I understand that I need to get Linux versions of the programs that I want to use like Team Speak server and COD 5 (not sure if it even is available).

I don't have a screen for the machine and would like to know what program would I need on my windows box to remote desktop to the linux box.

We want to use it as a dedicated Team Speak server among other things as well as one day being used as a server to control access to our network from the rest of the company.

Thanx
Last edited by KillerByte on 20 Mar 2009, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Prime

Post by Prime »

KillerByte wrote:I know very little about Linux and would like any and all input regarding my plans.

I want to load it onto a Intel Atom or Via Nano system with a very small hard drive (6GB).

I understand that I need to get Linux versions of the programs that I want to use like Team Speak server and COD 5 (not sure if it even is available).

I don't have a screen for the machine and would like to know what program would I need on my windows box to remote desktop to the linux box.

We want to use it as a dedicated Team Speak server among other things as well as one day being used as a server to control access to our network from the rest of the company.

Thanx
How about starting your own topic first?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

considering that I want to use Fedora 10 I did not see the need to make a new topic.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Agreed. New questions go in new threads.

Locked.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.