Generating Sitemaps - Best tool?

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
SilverBack

Generating Sitemaps - Best tool?

Post by SilverBack »

Hiya all,

Ok, so Im looking for a good, easy to use simple free tool to generate sitemaps. I tried Googles Beta one..but all I get is a "failed" message under status...and the google site maps log file doesnt give any real details on what is wrong. So now Im trying to find an alternate tool as Im yet to find a good site map generator tool.

Please can you let me know whcih ones you use, or recommend a good one?

Thanks ;)
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Re: Generating Sitemaps - Best tool?

Post by DeathStrike »

LINK1

i would go for 2nd link

LINK2
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Hmmm....first link, been there done that got the t-shirt numerous times (Im a developer so Im very familiar with Google, but thanks anyway :error: ). Hence my topic on the above....

Second link...found that one, as I mentioned above, but its not the greatest as you cant set directories to exclude etc. Thanks for the help though...kind of? ;)
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Filters - you can tell our tool to include or exclude certain files when building your HTML, Google or XML sitemap. All filters are case sensitive, so if you are trying to exclude .Jpg files, then use *.Jpg, not *.jpg, etc.
How hard do you google? :roll:
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

DeathStrike wrote:
Filters - you can tell our tool to include or exclude certain files when building your HTML, Google or XML sitemap. All filters are case sensitive, so if you are trying to exclude .Jpg files, then use *.Jpg, not *.jpg, etc.
How hard do you google? :roll:
Why I Google very hard thank you very much :mrgreen: Found that one too when I Googled. Guess I didnt explain myself clearly enough...my bad. The reason why I posted this is cos either the tools I found on Google were too basic, or the sitemap generator didnt return all the pages from the website. Lotsa tools out there...not even a handful of good ones.

So hence my post...need to know from the web developers here, what sitemap generator they use and they find the best cos I have had no luck with Google's results (no good sitemap generators IMO) ;)
RevQ

Post by RevQ »

Generally I write my own, pull all the page info from the db and package it up in xml. Probably the best bet for you
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

RevQ wrote:Generally I write my own, pull all the page info from the db and package it up in xml. Probably the best bet for you
Thats a good idea. Got lots of dynamic ASP pages though that have id's passed to it, so they show different information essentially being pages of their own. That might be tricky. Hmmm...thanks, gonna look into it....also waiting for our SEO guys to get back to me on a good sitemap tool :?