Ultima 90 temp query

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
CeLL

Ultima 90 temp query

Post by CeLL »

Hi guys,

I recently bought some cooling opgrades for my system which includes the Thermalright Ultima 90. I installed it in my system along with a zalman 92mm fan and have a big drop in temps from the stock cooler... I'm running an E8500 CPU on a Asus P5Q Deluxe board. Today while playing Mass Effect I got a warning from the ASUS PC probe utility saying that my cpu was reaching 60 degrees... I set the app to warn me when it reached 60 degs because I didn't think that it would reach that.

Is it normal for the CPU to run that high even with the cooler installed? I'm sure it isn't something to be worried about, I was just wondering if there was anyone who could give me some feedback out of their experience? It was very hot today and the ambient temperature in my room was quite high... Can that play a big role? I have a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case which is fairly well ventilated. Any feedback would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!!
WiK1d

Re: Ultima 90 temp query

Post by WiK1d »

Check your temps with a program called CoreTemp and see if they are the same as the Asus program.