HOW TO: Make Vista Look & Behave Like Windows 7!

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Dwayno

Re: HOW TO: Make Vista Look & Behave Like Windows 7!

Post by Dwayno »

ahhh i shouldnt even have tried almost broke my computer :roll:
"What were you hoping to prove? That, deep down, everyone's as ugly as you?"
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Where do you get the Beta? Though I'm still happy with my XP x64, it would be a fun thing to play with.
Dwayno

Re: HOW TO: Make Vista Look & Behave Like Windows

Post by Dwayno »

Nuke wrote:Where do you get the Beta? Though I'm still happy with my XP x64, it would be a fun thing to play with.
Google :twisted:
"What were you hoping to prove? That, deep down, everyone's as ugly as you?"
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

You might've heard that crazy rumor making the rounds that Microsoft leaked the Windows 7 beta on purpose to build some positive buzz, and while there's no real evidence (or likelihood) of that of any sort, the seemingly-magical build 7000 is certainly doing well for itself. Following up on wide praise for the fledgling OS, ZDNet's Adrian Kingsley-Hughes pitted the beta up against XP and Vista in some informal "real-word" tasks like boot up, shut down, file maneuvers, installations and other common tasks. On both test systems, an AMD Phenom 9700 setup and an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2200 number (with ATI and NVIDIA graphics, respectively), the Windows 7 install soundly bested XP and Vista task by task, with few exceptions. Performance testing is never an exact science, but it's clear that Microsoft is taking performance very seriously this time around -- we can't wait for the next conveniently-leaked beta to bolster this rep even further. Next on the benchmarking agenda? Real World: Brooklyn tasks.
LINK

I won't mind skipping vista and going to win 7 :wink:
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU