Nag attack on PCF

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Re: Nag attack on PCF

Post by Siemens »

UrBaN wrote:font X size 10.
I'm gad to see it is not just me going blind but it is actually a small font size.It's been like that since I can remember I always have to read the magazine 4cm from my eye to see the words.

I used to be on the nag forums until their anti-christian attack on me got a little bit out of hand then I just left. No respect for religion whatsoever unless you are an atheist or google worshiper ...
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

^^ Unfortunately, gaming communities tend to be immature. I'm involved with a Durban LAN gaming event, and I'm seriously considering pulling out of it because the lack of maturity of its forum community is really starting to get to me.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Ron2K wrote:^^ Unfortunately, gaming communities tend to be immature. I'm involved with a Durban LAN gaming event, and I'm seriously considering pulling out of it because the lack of maturity of its forum community is really starting to get to me.
Propably cuz most of the people in the gaming communities are like Underaged
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Prime wrote:But then it wouldn't be PCformat. I don't mind hearing about consoles from a tech perspective but i'd freak if i found a console review in PCF.
QFT! I don't think they'd go that far though... I hope not :shock:
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Siemens, Some of the culprits are actually Nag's writers. The poor guys seem to have some heavy hate for jocks, wonder what happened. :? Shame.

Jock: You weirdo! You don't fit in!

Nag geek: :cry: Well, well, that's because I'm not a sheep! :cry:

And poor Nag geek has been trying to convince himself that that it's because he isn't a sheep ever since, so he rebels against everything considered the norm in society, like religion.

//Disclaimer: this isn't aimed at anyone on this forum. :P

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Mow

Post by Mow »

UrBaN wrote:/slightly OT/

I got given a NAG for Christmas by someone at work...what a load of carp.

The layout is simply attrocious. Granted, there were some nice reviews and what have you, but the overall quality of the mag was just shocking. Felt liek there were 100 people who each got 1 page to do whatever with, but had to use font X size 10. They then stapled these together and sent them to the publisher.

I would rather read last year's PCF than buy a NAG mag.

No offense intended to NAG, they put a lot of effort in etc...I just prefer PCF.

As for the "attack on PCF" - not sure that it was an attack at all, and if it was, why justify it with a response?
To each his own dude. I buy both mags every month and personally I feel that Nags hardware articles are far superior to PCF.
They are written by truly knowledgeable guys that allot of us know personally and others respect them because of there local and international performances in the oc comps.

PCF has its own strong points and i enjoy the mag . To me that strong point is just not hardware.
Asus Rampage Formula : E8400@4000 : 4GB Mushkin Frostbite @1066/5.5.5.15/TRD6
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Mow wrote:
UrBaN wrote:/slightly OT/

I got given a NAG for Christmas by someone at work...what a load of carp.

The layout is simply attrocious. Granted, there were some nice reviews and what have you, but the overall quality of the mag was just shocking. Felt liek there were 100 people who each got 1 page to do whatever with, but had to use font X size 10. They then stapled these together and sent them to the publisher.

I would rather read last year's PCF than buy a NAG mag.

No offense intended to NAG, they put a lot of effort in etc...I just prefer PCF.

As for the "attack on PCF" - not sure that it was an attack at all, and if it was, why justify it with a response?
To each his own dude. I buy both mags every month and personally I feel that Nags hardware articles are far superior to PCF.
They are written by truly knowledgeable guys that allot of us know personally and others respect them because of there local and international performances in the oc comps.

PCF has its own strong points and i enjoy the mag . To me that strong point is just not hardware.
well considering neo has been doing his thing for many, many moons and michael is relatively new and does a damn good job considering what he has to go through, you cannot really compare......

and as for the knowing ppl personally whats that gotta do with the topic? hmmm? its like you are trying to get into someone good books for it. who cares if you know the writers. if you do then you are probably biased to them.

*edit* my last paragraph was not polite. apologies to mow.
Last edited by Firestrm_ZA on 22 Dec 2008, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Firestrm wrote:and as for the knowing ppl personally whats that gotta do with the topic?
I like ice cream.
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Stuart, chocolate or strawberry? vanilla maybe?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Neopolitan, actually. Three in one.

(And they nominate me for most likely to go off topic. Fire ... :smack: Back on topic ... NOW!!!)
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Stuart wrote:Neopolitan, actually. Three in one.

(And they nominate me for most likely to go off topic. Fire ... :smack: Back on topic ... NOW!!!)
Well you started the whole off topic thing.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

back on topic.... NAG FTL in any case..... even though i do buy the mag occasionally... pcf just has a better feel and a better read.

PERIOD IMO
Last edited by Firestrm_ZA on 22 Dec 2008, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Ack! I prefer Chocolate. Neopolitan fools you into thinking you're getting 3 flavours, but when it melts it doesn't taste like anything. Meh!

//Yes, KB is doing a good job, considering. Is Neo Italian? :?

- Elon Musk
Mow

Post by Mow »

I dont know them . I was merely referring to the people on this forum as us. forgive my feelings of community.

Firestorm your above post was truly out of character. I gave my opinion without truly discrediting anyone , if anything it should be my encouragement for a better mag. You made assumptions and you were actually very rude. I don't thing you deserve that award floating above you avvie.
Last edited by Mow on 22 Dec 2008, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

Well I really like NAG's articles. I was a big fan of PCF, but ever since Tamsin left, it's like the mag has only gone downhill.

One thing far superior about NAG is their coverdisk. They have loads of interesting stuff on it. Things that I've never seen on the PCF one.

For example: Command & Conquer: Command School. It's sort of like a short 15 minute TV show on tips and strategies for C&C games, and it's very cool to watch.
Besides that they have loads of game trailers.
Every month they have the latest Catalyst and Forceware drivers on it as well. Maybe I just missed this when I bought PCF (??), but I haven't seen stuff like this on it yet.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Mow

Post by Mow »

Mods please close . This was not my intent when I started the thread.
It was merely to make people at PCF aware of the comments . Thats all.
Last edited by Mow on 22 Dec 2008, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Firestrm wrote:back on topic.... NAG FTL in any case..... even though i do buy the mag occasionally... pcf just has a better feel and a better read.

PERIOD
This is extremely biased and you cannot just shove this into our faces and expect us to agree.

"pcf just has a better feel and a better read."

I mean WTF, what kind of justification is this? Shouldn't you point out some aspects at least? And I agree with Mow, that was a rude reply to him.
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Mow wrote:I dont know them . I was merely referring to the people on this forum as us. forgive my feelings of community.

Firestorm your above post was truly out of character. I gave my opinion without truly discrediting anyone , if anything it should be my encouragement for a better mag. You made assumptions and you were actually very rude. I don't thing you deserve that award floating above you avvie.
your tone came across as NAG is better than PCF thats why i got defensive, and it was not rude. apologies for my sharp reply.

and for the record i didnt ask for that title. i was nominated and voted for and it was awarded. i think thats a bit rude myself. but anyways this isnt the flame thread in anyway. lets just get back on topic guys. please.
Last edited by Firestrm_ZA on 22 Dec 2008, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Bladerunner wrote:
Firestrm wrote:back on topic.... NAG FTL in any case..... even though i do buy the mag occasionally... pcf just has a better feel and a better read.

PERIOD
This is extremely biased and you cannot just shove this into our faces and expect us to agree.

"pcf just has a better feel and a better read."

I mean WTF, what kind of justification is this? Shouldn't you point out some aspects at least? And I agree with Mow, that was a rude reply to him.
sorry, but must i put IMO after every post i post? my post are those of my opinion. i was not "shoving it" in your face in anyway
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

D3PART3D wrote:Ack! I prefer Chocolate. Neopolitan fools you into thinking you're getting 3 flavours, but when it melts it doesn't taste like anything. Meh!

//Yes, KB is doing a good job, considering. Is Neo Italian? :?
lol, no he isnt. AFAIK :lol:
Mow

Post by Mow »

Its more in the way you use your words than the fact that you are giving your opinion. We know every post is opinion . Using things like PERIOD and stfu after a sentence is something you would find ... well , on the nag forums.
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Mow wrote:Its more in the way you use your words than the fact that you are giving your opinion. We know every post is opinion . Using things like PERIOD and stfu after a sentence is something you would find ... well , on the nag forums.
hence why i dont visit that forum, and why i corrected my post. and apologised.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Bladerunner wrote:Well I really like NAG's articles. I was a big fan of PCF, but ever since Tamsin left, it's like the mag has only gone downhill.

One thing far superior about NAG is their coverdisk. They have loads of interesting stuff on it. Things that I've never seen on the PCF one.

For example: Command & Conquer: Command School. It's sort of like a short 15 minute TV show on tips and strategies for C&C games, and it's very cool to watch.
Every month they have the latest Catalyst and Forceware drivers on it as well. Maybe I just missed this when I bought PCF (??), but I haven't seen stuff like this on it yet.
PCF puts the dirvers on, but you forget, by the time the drivers are on, they are atleast a month out of date. Well especially the ATI ones.

As for Command and conquer. That second DVD in the game Box has all the strategies and tips on it. :roll:

PCF has trailers, pics and Vidoes quite often.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Prime wrote:
Bladerunner wrote:Well I really like NAG's articles. I was a big fan of PCF, but ever since Tamsin left, it's like the mag has only gone downhill.

1. PCF puts the dirvers on, but you forget, by the time the drivers are on, they are atleast a month out of date. Well especially the ATI ones.

2. As for Command and conquer. That second DVD in the game Box has all the strategies and tips on it. :roll:

3. PCF has trailers, pics and Vidoes quite often.
1. Okay, my bad in that case.

2. But... why buy the whole game box when you can get it on a NAG dvd? :P

3. Something else I missed then.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

D3PART3D wrote:Siemens, Some of the culprits are actually Nag's writers.
It is actually most of them.
Miktar actually the worst , since he is website admin he changes my profile there labeling me "left leg of Jesus omega" , and there was no way to change it.
I just find it totally unfair since I didn't disrespect his decision to be atheist.
To top it all off, the rest of the forum found it extremely funny including the rest of the staff who attend their forums. So I'm just leaving them be.

(He also then the next month wrote a whole article about the muslim massacre game and how people are making such a big deal about it.)
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart