Windows XP 3G Issue

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Verbatim12

Windows XP 3G Issue

Post by Verbatim12 »

HELP!

I have a HP laptop running Windows XP service pack 3 and a Vodacom 3G card.

When I connect to the internet only programs running prior to the connect will continue to function. All programs I start after the connect will never even start. Minimising to the desktop also results in a system pause/hang. But at any moment I can switch to say my web browser (that has to have been running before the internet connect) and continue browsing this however is not the case for opening another instance of the same program.

What I have tried so far:

* Replaced hard drive with new O/S
* Replaced Mobo
* Running AVG anti virus but have no reason to even suspect having viruses as I never visist untrusted sites or use other peoples disks and even so the problem was present on both hard drives.
* I have taken the laptop to ICSS but not even they are sure what the problem is.

It feels like windows is waiting for some I/O but i really have no Idea...

Further as soon as I disconnect from the the internet the system returns to normal with no side effects.

Could there be something wrong with my 3G card but it works fine on my other laptop...eeek! please help. :cry:
Koko_Lion

Re: Windows XP 3G Issue

Post by Koko_Lion »

Maybe the software is buggy and causing your computer to slow down or hang. See if you can get the latest 3G software version. Otherwise try another 3G device or try your card on another system.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Re: Windows XP 3G Issue

Post by KillerByte »

I would suggest updating the firmware and the dashboard software
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.