Carte Blache - Audi & VW shock

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Acidkidsa

Carte Blache - Audi & VW shock

Post by Acidkidsa »

I missed the program but a couple freinds smsed me about it.

I have had nothing but the worse service and experience from Audi ( Westrand)

From suspentions bolts falling out , to carpets been stolen , Exuast not bee fitted back propley,
car getting scratched

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ted Patterson's Audi RS4 Limited Edition was taken in for the third time to have a door rattle fixed.

Ted Patterson (Ex-Audi owner): "It cost me R685 000. That was brand new. It was off the showroom floor. That's exactly what the 22-year-old apprentice mechanic thought when he took it for a test drive.

Derek: "Two performance cars being serviced on the same day, one from Audi Fourways, one from Lindsay Saker. It's not impossible that the two mechanics arranged to have a little dice."

Ted: "Apparently they started dicing down Leslie Avenue. He overtook the Polo, came into the right lane, didn't stop for the T-Junction and went straight through the wall."
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Carte Blache - Audi & VW shock

Post by hamin_aus »

Old news is old.

It's sad that a few irresponsible morans are ruining the reputation of VW and Audi like this.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

yeah i watched that, the car looked a wreck, and its a car i wanna get one day. made me cringe.

but ya ive also had really bad service, when i had my taz, they did something to the carb which put the timing out and drew more air into the fuel than it was supposed to, that cause serious issues and my engine siezed one me, cost R5000 to replace.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

jamin_za wrote:Old news is old.

It's sad that a few irresponsible morans are ruining the reputation of VW and Audi like this.

Audi and VW do it very well themselves..

I have managment ignoring complaints.. Always been out..

My freinds Girl was sworn at and treated like absolute rubbish by the management in Audi Santon..

They can sell the car.. Thats about it.. Everything else is shocking.
Last edited by Acidkidsa on 17 Nov 2008, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

I know lots of people with VW's and Audi's - myself included.

I have yet to have a problem with their service. I suppose it all comes down to the dealership...

Was the same with Toyota when I owned one.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

My Mother is the service advisor at Lindsay Saker Audi Fourways - please PM me the details of the management who swore at your friends girl.

Also - yes, the two mechanics were indeed racing. They were both relieved of duty shortly afterwards, though the mechanic won't be held accountable for the car. He wasn't even allowed to drive cars, not sure how he managed to take it out.

The dealership is replacing the car as far as I know - at it's own expense as insurance isn't covering this.
to ápeiro anima
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Like Jamin has said - it is dealership related rather than manufacturer related.
Obviously the manufacturer should have some checks in place to prevent this nonsense from happening though.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

jamin_za wrote:Old news is old.

Let them ruin them!!! as much as possible! VW has no control over delivering service each branch does as they wish.
I hate VW as much as a person can hate., Great cars though, But even rockets fall, same with cars they break and has to be repaired its normal. Thats why you have warranty
But then you have to sit with their service, so warranty isn't always a warranty.

VW can die in SA for all i care!.

and its probably up to the dealer ship, but ive been to 3 different branches one in middelburg Mcarthy one in centurion think mcarthy and the one in midrand lindsay saker Btw Dont ever take take your car to midrand's lindsay saker, I had loose engine mountings an i was told they need to weld something then in the same breath they dont have a welding machine, LOL (I took it there 8 times for them not to fix the problem)

Edit.

http://www.mnet.co.za/Mnet/Shows/carteb ... sp?Id=3605

Carte Blanche FTW good job! Pitty i missed it.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

UrBaN wrote:My Mother is the service advisor at Lindsay Saker Audi Fourways - please PM me the details of the management who swore at your friends girl.

Also - yes, the two mechanics were indeed racing. They were both relieved of duty shortly afterwards, though the mechanic won't be held accountable for the car. He wasn't even allowed to drive cars, not sure how he managed to take it out.

The dealership is replacing the car as far as I know - at it's own expense as insurance isn't covering this.
The dealership is covering the excess, the insurance of the guy who owned the car is paying out so he can get a new one.
EDIT: And according to Carte Blanche last night, the Audi Fourways doesn't have insurance...
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

Screeper wrote:Like Jamin has said - it is dealership related rather than manufacturer related.
Obviously the manufacturer should have some checks in place to prevent this nonsense from happening though.
however, its the dealerships that make or break the brand.
and the problem is, dealerships think they can do what they like to your car and get away with it.
if i ever had to buy another car, i would wait at the dealership while they service it as to avoid incidents like this.
rather lose a days pay than lose a car eh?!
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Monty wrote:
UrBaN wrote:My Mother is the service advisor at Lindsay Saker Audi Fourways - please PM me the details of the management who swore at your friends girl.

The dealership is covering the excess, the insurance of the guy who owned the car is paying out so he can get a new one.
EDIT: And according to Carte Blanche last night, the Audi Fourways doesn't have insurance...
They do have insurance, insurance just isn't paying as the driver was not licensed to be driving customers cars around. He was simply a technician.
to ápeiro anima
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

As has been said, dealership problem and not brand problem.

I've had an Audi A4 for 2 and a half years now and have only had excellent service from my dealers. Unfortunately some are just much worse than others, so you have to do your research, ask around and pick the most known and trustworthy ones.

I also think Carte Blanche completely sensationalised this story. The mechie who wrote off the RS4 was fired and Audi Fourways offered a replacement RS4 which was same year, mileage and spec which was refused by the guy. They then offered to pay all his excess and bills which he then accepted. So what more does he want? It is absolutely terrible and I would be furious if it was me, but unfortunately s##t happens and you have to deal with it. Service in general in SA sucks.

Read the disclaimer next time you drop your car off for a service, no matter what brand it would be the same story.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Read the disclaimer next time you drop your car off for a service, no matter what brand it would be the same story.
BMW service and sales are generally quite good. I've had them bend over backwards to accommodate me and they were always polite and professional. I'd expect the same from Merc.

They started getting stricter with motorplan replacements towards the end because people were abusing the system (replacing gearboxes for stiff gears etc). I only once had to make a scene because they missed that I had broken a front strut, which they then promptly replaced. They have a strict policy on customer satisfaction and you always get a call after you take your car in. I'm sure you experienced the same while owning your BMW.

I only once had a snooty salesman make a comment about why I didn't buy the vehicle he showed me but that was when I was much younger (I think 21) so he probably thought I was just pushing my luck for a joy ride.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah I always had good service from BMW as well. What I mean is that at almost every dealer you'll find a disclaimer stating that they aren't responsible for theft or damage and you leave your vehicle at your own risk.

It's a BS clause, especially in this instance, but they hide behind it, being sheisters and all... :lol:
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

You're right, they all protect their azzes from anything although it would be good PR to accommodate someone who's car was written off in a dice.

If this happened in the US, the guy would have sued for the car, emotional damages, therapy, trauma counseling and loss of income probably totaling 10x the value of the car regardless of the disclaimer.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

LOL at Hex_Rated

Yeah I think we to use to getting bullied here. In the states they would of sued and so on.

The other thing is there are hardly any skilled techies left to work on the cars. The good ones left SA or are working for private workshops..
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

lol. USA FTW. :lol: i sadly missed the show. oh well. maybe it will come on again wednesday.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Dustman

Post by Dustman »

It is shocking that this even occured. I do however agree that service in general in SA is up to ****. My wife also had issues with a GM approved service centre. Service was just as expensive as dealership service. Lesson, rather take your car to the right people e.g. dealerships that specialize in the brand.

Notice the approved, not a GM motor dealership!

Will not ever make that mistake again, send it to the GM dealership and had no issues. Nissan and CMH service centres never give me any issues and that causes me to hold the Nissan brand in high regard.

So the previous comment on the impact of bad service on a brand reputability is defenitely there.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

the problem is they don't make RS4s any more. so they gonna have to give him a second hand one. Good luck to him.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

well if i was him i would want one that is in same condition as the old one. but mayb just having them pay me out would be worth it.
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

GreyWolf wrote:

the problem is they don't make RS4s any more. so they gonna have to give him a second hand one. Good luck to him.
They offered to replace his one with one of similar (slightly less) mileage and same specs etc, but he refused that.

Also, where in the show he said he is in for R100k...that's BS, he isn't paying a cent.

The dealership is now paying the insured amount for the vehicle (at his request).
to ápeiro anima
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Find that hard to beleive. They must be smoking thier socks .
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Acidkidsa wrote:
Find that hard to beleive. They must be smoking thier socks .
Well, clearly you've had bad service and that has now affected your objectivity. I've only ever had excellent service from my Audi dealers...

That being said though, my next car is almost certainly going to be an E46 M3, so back to BMW for me. :mrgreen:
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Yeah you can say that again.. Bad service for the past 4 -5 years... Its not really service they offered me.. Its a lucky packet.. Lucky if you car come back the same .. Which never really happened.. Bunch of hollow heads there...

As for the E46 M3. My good mate has one... First one got highjacked..

That car is a daemon.. goes like a bat out of hell..

My next car in the new Honda Type-R . Early next year.. In red though :( to scared of a black car and dirt