NEOTEL

Network problem solving and tweaks
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Re: NEOTEL

Post by ryanrich »

Hex_Rated wrote:
ryanrich wrote:
Prime wrote:If you have to go Wireless, Stay away from Ibust(there is a reasonn for my misspelling)!!! Sadly its extremely unreliable. :(

Pity cos when it worked properly, it worked well :x
I think that is dependant on your area. I've had iBurst for 2 years now and it's been pretty solid during this entire time. I'm on month to month with iBurst though and as soon as Neotel is available in my area I'll be switching, purely because I can get twice the bandwidth and twice the speed for the same price. iBurst is really gonna have to lower their prices if they wanna stay in the game, because they are losing customers to Neotel and Telkom daily.
iBurst is a gamble. My cousin got it and he's about 3-4km away from me (although there's a huge mountain in between though) and he couldn't get more than 2kB/s average. I can get 125kB/s using encrypted torrents, ie max theoretical download speed. You need to seriously consider borrowing someone else's modem for a day or two before buying one.

Their service is a joke though.
Indeed!

I also get around 100K/sec constant downloads with iBurst, and almost no disconnects. It's going much better as well now that I'm running it through a router and not directly to the PC. This is also useful for checking monthly bandwidth and and things to check they don't cap me when I haven't used all the data, heard some bad stories regarding this.

Their service is definitely a joke, so it's always best to go through a reseller like MWEB or Tradepage and not iBurst themselves, as their accounting department is terrible and you might get a few nasty surprises on your bill. Now if I have any issues or anything I contact MWEB and they sort it out, much better.
psychotic_savage

Post by psychotic_savage »

So as it stands now should I go for Neotel. I'm looking to play online, browse and do my fair share of p2p. I think the NeoConnect Lite Unlimited package for R469 is a deal consideering you'll pay that for line rental. Plus I'm in an area with excellent signal strength.
Would any of you know how Neotel fares with international usage compared to helkom :twisted:
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156 \\ XFX Radeon HD5870XXX Edition \\ Asus P7P55D IP55 Motherboard \\ Corsair DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX CL9 Memory Module Kit \\ 2x 250gig Sata 2x 160gig Sata\\ Win 7 Ent 64bit \\ Samsung 26" wide-screen LCD
Mow

Post by Mow »

no , stick to adsl
Asus Rampage Formula : E8400@4000 : 4GB Mushkin Frostbite @1066/5.5.5.15/TRD6
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
bosaap

Post by bosaap »

Stay with telkom dude they are better way better for wot you want to do.
Thanks to Stuart
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Manofwar

Post by Manofwar »

Go for dialup :oops: Joke! ... It's uncapped and dead slow!

I hate Telscum and cannot wait for Neotel to mature.

Until then.. stick to ADsl for what you want to do. {We r forced }

Towards 2010 things will explode on the bandwith front... Try not to bind yourself {contracts} until we see, what happens then.
-= Studying IT is not a good preparation for dealing with IT =-

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.00 GHz
MSI Intel P45 Neo-F
MSI NX9600GT 512MB 16X PCI-E
2 x Apacer 2048MB DDR2
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
LG 22" Wide LCD