Pls help with Flash (create loading screen)&browser comp

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Zana

Pls help with Flash (create loading screen)&browser comp

Post by Zana »

Shalom
First of all I want to apologise for not keeping up to the gossip here on PCF and also replying the techie stuffs...

I been ultra busy in completing my website which is due for the 4th of August , my birthday, and i found it would be nice if the site gets re-born on the same day, if I cant manage, woman's day is the latest.

I have made Dana;s discography (The beta for one album is on my art gallery, most recent submission).
The only thing I am stuck with , is creating a loading screen, to let users know and see that its loading, which is important if the internet is slow or users have slow internet connection. I will give you credit on the .swf for the help on the loading screen...

The second problem I am having is browser compatability. The site looks perfect and runs very happily and smoothly in Internet Explorer 7 , fonts aligned nicely, tables dont look yucky..and so on, and also the flash animations run within the main frame "the site is designed that you dont see any frames." But they are there.. and the content is transparent within the frame. Some backgrounds, with alpha settings blend into the background from the foreground.

I solved the font inssue, by adding 2 extra spaces between the paragraphs, tables as well.. But what issue is that in Firefox, Opera, (Safari would not run on my machine, maybe because its built to rely on a service i turned off..) The flash file does not run in the fram, it opens it to be played in the flash player, and if you dont have the flash player only a flash player plugin it just appears white, thats why the loading screen is important as well. Internet Explorer 6(if you had IE6 pre-installed, its still on your machine in C:/windows/ie7 [hiden folder]) does the same thing. The only way to solve this is to create a new html, and embed the flash in, thats means resizing the flash file by streching to save time, but pixilations will occur or resizing the the flash document itself.

The main problem of erritation with flash is , I have made action script that when users click on buttons, it opens web pages in what browser is your default. Works fine when running from flash player, in the browser the buttons are dead..

Also i found a problem with Knoppix 5 's Firfox, fonts get stuffed super small its unreadable! Looks liek Microsoft is on my side with the web...

Another thing is some elements i use dynamic html, Firfox and similar type browsers Like Opera dont like and ignore dynamic html...

Another problem i encountered is that the "Save as" button, to save the web page as a text or html on the page through Javascript, works in Internet explorer, but other browsers , ignore the button, and the Button looks like its just sitting there for fun with no function, like a retard built the page...

Love and hugs
Danielle
This site is becoming a headache.....
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
Zana

Pls

Post by Zana »

Shalom, please I need this soon, if you dont know how to make a loading screen, I would appreciate if any flash file (.fla) can be emailed to me at lamb@telkomsa.net that can be opned in Macromedia Flash MX 400 2004.. I have some example, but they require a new compiler, so i cannot open them up...

Pls I dont have any bandwidth to to go on a .fla template hunt that can be opened in Macromedia Flash MX...
Ig by chance you manage to scrounge me something and send it to me from saturday to monday, i wont be around because of my uncle's funeral.. if you waiting for a "thank you".

Love and hugs
Danielle
Last edited by Zana on 25 Jul 2008, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Preloaders are more complicated than just sending a FLA to you.

That and I work in CS3 so I can't save to MX version.

Look up the getBytesLoaded() and getBytesTotal() functions or google for "create simple flash preloader"
Zana

Post by Zana »

maxxis wrote:Preloaders are more complicated than just sending a FLA to you.

That and I work in CS3 so I can't save to MX version.

Look up the getBytesLoaded() and getBytesTotal() functions or google for "create simple flash preloader"
Shalom Maxxis Thanks very much for the help, but wont be much since I am capped, that's why i was requesting a template, so i can figure it out from there... If i wasnt capped, I would be searching fine.., but will look up those functions in the help...I dont want the loader fancy, just do the job.. even if there is no progressbar, but updates the %. Since file size and the main content of the flash document is important.

Thanks (((hugs))) :-) Hmm i dont know why Adobe since it baught over flash have a carrot up its backside.. I will check on the cover disks when i get back if open flash is on. Its an open source flash proggy... but means maore programs on the machine to do one task..Thank,s I will look at those help files in the Macromedia help within the proggy

I have fixed most of the compatability probs between browsers & OS, the look and layout , but cant sort out the special effects to run in every browser..

Thank you very much
((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))