Watermarks

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
jee

Watermarks

Post by jee »

Can you scan watermarks? ie - if you have a certificate - if you scan it, will the copy look like the original?

(Epson GT 15000 Scanner & Epson Aculaser C9100 printer)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

I doubt the watermark will scan since is normally part of the paper manufacturing process and not actually printed onto the paper.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

St00pid question, but have you tried it to see? I tend to agree with maxxis, but I've never felt the need to scan watermarks. Counterfeiting and money laundering is not really my thing. ;)
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Yes, you should be able to scan a watermark on a certificate - depending on what kind of watermark they use it might not look exactly like the original though.

Watermarks on money are a different story entirely.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
jee

Post by jee »

OnlyOneKenobi, we have problems atm to scan watermarks in our promotions department. (we tried, you can believe that!) Both the scanner and the printer are fairy fancy gadgets but so far we are not successful. I did not think that you can scan it, but my promotions guys insist that you should be able to! So how do we go about it?

(pssst we are not interested in money! well we are, but not printing!)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Well it depends, is it a printed watermark, or is it embossed, or an indented mark? Generally if you can see it clearly with the naked eye, it will scan fine without the need to do anything special...

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

You could enhance the contrast to make it darker if it prints too lightly.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers