Free hosting / Domain Registration

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: Free hosting / Domain Registration

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Zana wrote:
maxxis wrote:Anybody can afford R24 per month.

Stop being cheap and get a proper setup. Nobody ever takes a free host serious.
No not everyone has R24 to spend on a host per month , if they are unemployed and most of the money what they have goes on medical things... again ... "buy or die"..

Secondly the saying goes, dont judge a book by its cover, and also dont judge a site by its host and domain...

In otherwords, you can have bothe professional and unproffessional sites on paid places and domains and also bothe unprofessional and professional sites on free hosts and domains...

Who hasnt come accross site, that is on a paid host, and has a proper .com or .za domain, and just has utter rubbish on there site, even I have seen a 5 line paragarph of dribble with a heading in plain text , now that to me is a waste of money... so is that person is a professional just because he is on a paid host?

realy that is unbelievable, and all it is a new constraint of beauocracy imposed by the SYSTEM to make the elite more elite and those who are struggeling or different get dragged through the mud...

why is it that people are so selfish and greedy when it comes to money... but what is worse is this whole presteeeeg thing... its pathetic,...
no wonder why thoise who have good families, facilities find work so **** easy.
Goodness Danielle (sp?). With all due respect, i think you're getting a bit worked up about nonsense.

I, personally, don't take a "professional"* site seriously if it's a sub domain of some silly "free domain" service, hence my recommendation. I wouldn't call myself a professional modder but i absolutely refuse to host my work on a free domain/server. I've made the effort to have my own domain and my own server for my website.

However, if all you want to do is "play" and it's not going to be a site that will be visited all the time, then go for it.

I also think that your "don't judge a book by it's cover" statement doesn't quite apply here.

* By professional, i mean a site that will get a lot of hits, or be seen by many. Not necessarily a business, but something that will be seen a lot. Maybe if an artist wanted to display their art work or something.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
avadotnet

Post by avadotnet »

I once found a free host who offered cPanel.. Somehow lost the URL.. You might want to try 110mb.com; that is if you don't need advanced features.
CyBeR AssassiN

Post by CyBeR AssassiN »

Best free hosting i think is byethost.com
Best free downloads portal & Community: DotWorld Mobile!
http://wap.dotworldnet.net

Code: Select all

try {
    printObject(new help('need_php_help'));
} catch(NullHandleException $exception) {
    print $exception->getMessage();
    print 'Error... Search before asking questions! '.$exception->getFile();
}
tjecco

Post by tjecco »

avadotnet wrote:I once found a free host who offered cPanel.. Somehow lost the URL.. You might want to try 110mb.com; that is if you don't need advanced features.

it was Www.000webhost.com
NZXT Appollo Case
DFI Intel Blood Iron Infinity P35-T2RL
Core Duo E7500
Corsair XMS2 Low-Latency Memory - DDR2-667MHz - 4GB Kit
Seagate St3250815AS Sata HDD
GTS250 256MB DDR3
Divoom Comet T1 5.1 Speakers
darktrace

Post by darktrace »

try using free webs : http://www.webs.com/

then goto: http://www.freedomain.co.nr/ to get a free domain name type thing so that
your site address is www.(sitename).co.nr

it works quite well but they will drop your site if it is not active for a few months or something

there is also a way of taking off the banner ads freewebs puts on your site if those really annoy you