Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Official!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

LinkX

Post by LinkX »

thanks alot :)
__________Image__________
Image---I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message...---Image
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Well well its Diablo 3 after all :P
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Thread renamed. "Diablo 3! Can it be?" to "Diablo 3! Announced!"
My Steam Screenshots

Mow

Post by Mow »

I am going to spend the rest of the day craying . cheers guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Asus Rampage Formula : E8400@4000 : 4GB Mushkin Frostbite @1066/5.5.5.15/TRD6
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Warning the gameplay trailer is huge. I lost over 100mb on it and its not even 1/2 way yet.
My Steam Screenshots

MIA

Post by MIA »

Any1 have an idea how long it will take before the game hits our shelves?
Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

Jonboy wrote:Oh, and can you just imagine with the way things are going, the DRM that will be applied by then? Like a blood and hair sample and birth certificate sent to the publishers for background analysis prior to purchase :lol:
endev8003 wrote:AFAIK, Blizzard has never been into draconian DRM. Serial + disc in drive seems to be the norm for them. But then again, the last offline game was W3, and I think it was just before the whole DRM problems got started, so I might be wrong.

D2 and LOD just used serials and no copy-protection schemes (like SafeDisk or whatever was popular at the time).
True... In fact the game might not even want you to use the CD considering the latest W3 update (v1.21b) removes the need for the CD to play the game? :?

But otherwise w0000t!!! Diablo 3 is official! :D :D :D :D
MIA wrote:Any1 have an idea how long it will take before the game hits our shelves?
Considering Chris Sigaty had the following to say about SC2:
We'll ship when its ready! Traditionally we've taken 3½ to 4 years from the time we've announced a product to the time we release a major new product, not expansions.
I think it's reasonable enough to say that it holds some merit with regards to Diablo 3. :( Although he did say that they hope to be a lot more ambitious with the release date for SC2! ;)
1GOR

Post by 1GOR »

Hmmm... I'm worried to be honest. Looking at the gameplay trailer the game looks fantastic. The gameplay as always, simple but amazing. I get a overwhelming feeling of nostalgia and it makes me want to play Diablo 2 again.

But...

If this game takes another 3 - 4 years to make, it will be ignored by many. By then so many games will have come and gone, and the quality of games overall just keeps getting better.

Look at GTA 4, MGS 4, Assassins Creed, Bioshock etc.

In my opinion, and if the guys at Blizzard were smart, they would have had this game in development for quite a while now. So personally I am hoping for a Xmas 2008 release. I actually think that might be possible.
They see me trollin', they hatin'...
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Well it looks like it may have been in development for a while -perhaps it will be released within a few months. At least it's not like the Doom 4 announcement where id Software hadn't even started working on it yet...

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
1GOR

Post by 1GOR »

Yeah, lets hope so Only ; )

I think that is exactly the case, that is has been in development for a while but that kept it a secret.

Blizzard is going for the 3 punch knockout. Imagine they release WotLK, a month later SC2 and then shortly afterwards D3. They would dominate the market and the gamers pockets.
Twiggs

Post by Twiggs »

WOW this is gonna be awesome just downloaded the HD gameplay and cinematic trailer all 800mb+100mb of it gotta love 4mb for that.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.4GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM Corsair Dominator 1066
Hard Drive: 780 GB Total
Video Card: GeForce 8800 GT Inno3dOC
Monitor: SyncMaster 206BW
Keyboard: Razer Tarantula
Mouse: Razer Copperhead
Mouse Surface
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Blizzard wont release SC2 and Diablo 3 near or next to WotLK. WoW is a cash cow and if they release any of the SP titles next to it then it will kill wow.

WoW has lost alot of players to the likes of AoC only because WoW has been there for the past 4 years and I concidered it the only mmo worth playing as it is.
My Steam Screenshots

1GOR

Post by 1GOR »

The only thing that will kill WOW is Blizzards next MMO.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

The only thing that will kill WOW is Blizzards next MMO.
World of Diablo.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Mow

Post by Mow »

And its still top down. I love blizzard. I knew they wouldn't let us down.
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

im super excited for this one, when i get it im gonna lock myself up into my room for a year!

must still read all the bits of info about it, so i know how long i got to save for a big lcd and better gfx card.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
PhReaK_K

Post by PhReaK_K »

Have I mentioned that I actually cried when I heart the news that is how glad I was ..I cant wait for this game..

Yes even Kongregate thinks I am 1337 !!!
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

dude, id give my wii up just to be able to skip forward in time to the point where im actually watching the cd autoplay in my drive and i begin installing!
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
PhReaK_K

Post by PhReaK_K »

It actually looks like they have been doing some developing on this already ..
Wonder hoe long it mite take ??

Mow

Post by Mow »

My moneys on June next year . They have clearly got the engine working fine. I think the next year will go into quest building and character class balancing. I actually hope the final release has higher resolution backdrops than the ones seen in the clips , so hold thumbs maybe some art direction.

Things I hope they have learnt.

1.Better systems to prevent hacking on battlenet.
2.To include mod tools in diablo 3. Peeps are going to mod it. It would just make sense to include some decent modding tools. For them , it increases the longevity of the game and leads to higher sales over time.
3. Not asking for best graphical system ever , just hope they dont overlook the GFX advances of the last 8 years.
4. That they had a great formula the last time around , they should not remove the heart and soul of diablo . Its a treasure hunt with a nice story.

On the website they say that they have changed character classes in a way. This is to promote unique builds. ( Wording has been changed but this is the message ) This would be awesome. Cause running into the same builds online all the time really gets dull.

OK , some of my views. If i stare at the official pages much longer my retinas might start bleeding. :D
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

I dont really care about SC2 . SC was great dont get me wrong.

But Diablo was always first for me. Even though I will buy both games..

Think a PC upgrade will needed soon for these two games.
PhReaK_K

Post by PhReaK_K »

Mow wrote: 1.Better systems to prevent hacking on battlenet.
2.To include mod tools in diablo 3. Peeps are going to mod it. It would just make sense to include some decent modding tools. For them , it increases the longevity of the game and leads to higher sales over time.
3. Not asking for best graphical system ever , just hope they dont overlook the GFX advances of the last 8 years.
4. That they had a great formula the last time around , they should not remove the heart and soul of diablo . Its a treasure hunt with a nice story.
Agree, I think one of the things that still gets hundreds of thousands of people playing Diablo 2, is the way you can play and play and play, and there is always something new, a new item, and then there is the million and six diffrent "versions and storylines" people have changed it so much, but kept true to the original.
On www.diablofans.com there is a couple. And the online play is also interesting.
I cannot wait to see what they did with Diablo 3 !!!
I will sell my car to play this game !! ( like seriously)

Mow

Post by Mow »

Im being honest when i say that blizzard could charge R1000 for the game and force me to buy a propriety GFX card in order to play and i still would.

Edit. Its using a havoc physics engine which as far as i know is only available on the ati gfx cards .....