Xbox and PC and playstation 3

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
thefha

Xbox and PC and playstation 3

Post by thefha »

Hi i prefer PC Games than Xbox, but i dont have a budget for a powerful
Gaming PC so between an Xbox and a playstaion 3 which one would you recommend me to buy?
thefha

Linux Mandrake or Ubuntu, or Red Hat

Post by thefha »

Hi i have Linux Madrake, Red Hat and Ubuntu. which one should i install on my PC. i am teching myself Linux @home on my spair time? Can any one tell me the main differences among the three Linux?
PhReaK_K

Re: Xbox and PC and playstation 3

Post by PhReaK_K »

thefha wrote:Hi i prefer PC Games than Xbox, but i dont have a budget for a powerful
Gaming PC so between an Xbox and a playstaion 3 which one would you recommend me to buy?
WTF, not making sense at all man. you can setup a decent PC to play games for about R6000, and PC games cost much less. Egsample. GTA IV ( PS3 or XBOX ,R600 - R1000).

Now a PS3 / XBOX costs a couple of grand already. then the games. Then you need a decent screen to play it with etc, etc.

Yes even Kongregate thinks I am 1337 !!!
PhReaK_K

Re: Linux Mandrake or Ubuntu, or Red Hat

Post by PhReaK_K »

thefha wrote:Hi i have Linux Madrake, Red Hat and Ubuntu. which one should i install on my PC. i am teching myself Linux @home on my spair time? Can any one tell me the main differences among the three Linux?
1st off. I would recommend you do a search on the FORUMS page for related topics before you post, and also you would want to try and post the two topics you have here in different threads.

Start off by checking all LINUX/UNIX related topics ===>> CLICK HERE

Yes even Kongregate thinks I am 1337 !!!
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

He is obviously a forum n00bie. Anyone want to help out :?:
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
MIA

Post by MIA »

Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

first off, a warm welcome to thefha :D... be sure to stop by the intro thread sometime and give us some scandal...

Xbox/PS3 question:
If you're into watching HD movies and are desperate for a gaming system, PS3... else, cool your heals and grab a 360 when they relaunch with blu-ray drives... or, cool your heals a little longer and push some of that overpriced gaming money into a decent rig...

Linux question:
opensuse or ubuntu...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Fallen

Post by Fallen »

rustypup wrote:first off, a warm welcome to thefha :D... be sure to stop by the intro thread sometime and give us some scandal...

Xbox/PS3 question:
If you're into watching HD movies and are desperate for a gaming system, PS3... else, cool your heals and grab a 360 when they relaunch with blu-ray drives... or, cool your heals a little longer and push some of that overpriced gaming money into a decent rig...

Linux question:
opensuse or ubuntu...
They are relaunching with blue ray drives?
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
general_koffi

Post by general_koffi »

Unless you're really into the few PS3 exclusives that are still around, get a 360.

Or save up a wee bit more and get a decent rig. Honesty, PC games are half the price of console games in this country. You'll probably save money in the long run.
Core 2 Duo E6300 @2.2Ghz
ASUS P5B
Force3D Radeon HD 4870 512MB
4GB DDR2-800 RAM
Creative X-Fi Xtremegamer
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

Between xbox and ps3 well its one of those things, both are good consoles with great games.

Main reason i went with PS3 is the exclusives on it (Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, Etc) and also because, well as it turns out most Xbox360 games either come out on PS3 as well, or if not well they come out on PC eventually (ala Mass Effect)

But hey thats me, just get the one you think youl have more fun on, thats all that really matters :)
Reality is the Illusion we all agree upon
Fallen

Post by Fallen »

Ah, shot for the link.