Videocard Eggs and Bacon

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
Praeses

Videocard Eggs and Bacon

Post by Praeses »

I need to get something too cool my bro's Leadtek FX 5900Ultra...it goes from 50C(idle temp) to 80C+ when i play games. is this normal 8O ??? are there any solutions? i already mounted 2 6CM fans ontop :!:

PLZ HELP!! :cry:
Praeses

ummm

Post by Praeses »

lets make this a valid post in the benchmarking forum and say that i want to overclock it to get better benchies? :oops:
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Hey Praeses

Did your VGA temps not drop when you put those 2 fans on top of it? If it didn't then i'd say that the temps might be a bit fishy! Anyway a better bet would be to get a system blower which would fit right into the PCI slot below your AGP one and blow directly onto the card's gpu, cools efficiently! Then there is the option of getting a VGA cooler which most probably has two fans that fit directly over the card for better cooling! It depends what ur budget is here, cos sometimes you can get utter crap and then you can get a blaster of a cooler, like the thermaltake waterpipe cooler!

btw, post ur system temps and cpu temps as well as your system specs, these will help us diagnose better and tell you whether its actually your card thats at fault or maybe the case air-flow is insufficient!

If you're looking to buy those components i was talking about above then try, www.cyberdyne.co.za, www.take2.co.za, www.buycomputers.co.za
They are great suppliers of thermaltake and coolermaster stuff!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Praeses

yo

Post by Praeses »

hey thx man!
it dropped about 20C with the 2 fans on.

the trouble is mostly the noise...i built the pc 4 my bro and he doesnt like the noise...will those pci fans make it cool off enough while not generating too much noise? its quite warm here in the free state!!

got P4 800FSB 3GHz temp alwayz between 50 and 55 C
Fx 5900 ultra GPU core usually starts at 50C and goes up to 78C...ambient temp never goes higher than 60C

dont have much ventilation...case has too 6cm fan spaces at the back...so i got the fans but i rather mounted them on the vid card.

ill see if i can squeeze a few buck out of my bro's pocket 4 the PCI fan thingy :roll:
Fishzn

Re: yo

Post by Fishzn »

Praeses wrote:hey thx man!
it dropped about 20C with the 2 fans on.

the trouble is mostly the noise...i built the pc 4 my bro and he doesnt like the noise...will those pci fans make it cool off enough while not generating too much noise? its quite warm here in the free state!!
Well No prob about the fans thing, though since you reckon that its quite warm in the free state, another thing that might just help you is exhausting all the hot air outta the case, this is a great improvement for cooling, esp if you put it on the top part of the case with a fan >8cm, seeing that hot air rises and.....

And if you want to get rid of that noise problem then i'd suggest getting noise-absorber kit, something from coolermaster or TT, they go for about R200 and you can cut em to make space for a window or fan outlet/inlet.

If you think ur CPU temps are high, then get a new HSF set, personally a thermaltake one would be the best bet with the ducting mod inclusive as this eliminates the hot-spot between the fan and heatsink, that costs about R70.
Cheers
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"