No More Heroes (Completed)

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
larch

No More Heroes (Completed)

Post by larch »

So after roughly 20 hours of gameplay I managed to finish No More Heroes. I first started playing on Sweet difficulty but I found it to be way to easy after about 2 hours of playing, so I restarted the game on Mild difficulty. I managed to buy all the clothing from Area51 (The local clothing store.) and pickup most of the shirts that were hidden in Santa Destroy, but I missed 10 shirts somewhere along the line which is no biggie. Considering that I was getting tired of tooling around Santa Destroy to try and find them.

And then there was the “Lovikov man” who collected the “Lovikov balls” if you collected more than 10 of these balls, he learned you a new ability I found most of them. Some of the skills he learns you were handy in a fight others were rather useless. Then there was the free fight missions, assassins missions and the highly amusing jobs you could take to earn cash. So that you can pay for the right to fight the next assassin that was ranked above you. Most of them were pretty easy, so it did not take me long to score gold in each. The free fight missions were much more tricky though, and took some patients and skill to complete.

And I highly recommend getting all the beam Katana upgrades from Naomi’s lab including the: Mk-II, Mk-III and Tsubaki Mk-III. (Hint if you want to view the real ending of No More Heroes you must have all three of those beam Katana’s in your collection.) Another thing to note is that all of your old items carry over when you finish the game no matter what difficulty level you choose. You can start Bitter mode with all of your old gear and stats. I really enjoyed this game it was cheesy, violent and over the top.

Suda51 said that they’re probably going to make a sequel, when the credits ended there was a message that said “to be continued”. A great story like this cant be finished without a sequel, duh!. Oh! and just for the fun the total LB’s required for shopping, upgrades, ranking fees comes to: 7,835,299 LB’s. (That is allot of freaking money.)

http://larcho.wordpress.com/2008/05/11/no-more-heroes/