Open close CD ROM for desired pc - UPDATED

Get help on programming - C++, Java, Delphi, etc.
SilverBack

Open close CD ROM for desired pc - UPDATED

Post by SilverBack »

Hiya all,

I have found code for opening a cd/dvd rom, but looking for code where you can add a computer name, and it does that on the computer. Anyone know if this is possible?

Edit:
UPDATED 30-05-2008
Ok, I will make the update to check all drives in due time. For now I will add the source code, EXE and the PSExec tool download link as it is. Most pc users have their CD ROM drives as D:\. Feel free to change the app as needed and use as you please. Its very simple, so ja...not the best way of coding it...but it does what I need. So if you dont agree with the way I have done it (source code wise) feel free to make it even better! I have no problem with that at all ;)

Where is it?
Download the zip file (191KB) from:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3362919/d6c ... penCD.html

What is in the zip file?
1. The complete source code written in C#.NET
2. The psexec.exe file for running apps on a remote pc
3. OpenCD.EXE is found in the bin folder. This is all you need (no compiling of code needed, unless you make an update)

How do I use it?
1. Copy the psexec.exe file to YOUR C:\. Only the EXE needs to be copied. So the file path of the psexec.exe will be C:\psexec.exe on YOUR pc
2. Copy the OpenCD.exe to the remote users pc, and place it where ever you want. I changed the name of OpenCD.exe to tdv.exe, purely so if the user finds it, they wont know what it does. I also added it to the WINDOWS folder on their pc so there was little hope they would find it.
3. Im CMD prompt, make sure YOU are in the C:\ of YOUR pc as the psexec.exe can only be run from CMD prompt on your pc, in the location it was saved (C:\ in this example). To find out how psexec.exe works, go to:
4. Please note this only works on computers in your domain.
5. Now that the OpenCD.exe has been copied to C:\WINDOWS\opencd\OpenCD.exe (in this example & on the remote users pc), run the following command in YOUR CMD prompt by typing in:

Code: Select all

psexec \\COMPUTERNAME "C:\WINDOWS\opencd\OpenCD.exe"
6. The file should execute on the remote users pc (silently too!!!)...and there you go - open close. If the user has no D:\ for the CDROM...nothing happens at all.

Code provided as is, and what you do with it is up to you. You break something (as it is it wont break anything....change something, that could be a diff story), it aint my prob. New update will be added to this thread later. ;)
Last edited by SilverBack on 30 May 2008, 14:47, edited 2 times in total.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

lol SB who are you planning on annoying? Is this in conjunction withthe streaming webcam from earlier?

I sense some candid camera antics :D :P :lol:
to ápeiro anima
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

Not really relevent to this thread, but there is another way you can get some people very mad by restarting of logging off their pc's, and you don't even have to be a programmer to do it... :lol: I love doing it at school! Seeing the teacher getting confused...priceless :lol: :lol:
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

LOL! I work in the IT department...some people just egt on my nerves....so ja...wanna enter their pc name and hey presto....an instant annoyance to them!! :twisted: Hmmm.....not sure about the logging off thing...that could get me in moerse trouble!!

I have done the CD open close thing before...but cant find any code for doing this for a specific computer name. Only a remote desktop application can do this...and they normally need a client / server setup....grrrr
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Have you tried the remote turn-the-pc-off-at-the-wall application? Requires minimal setup and is effective 99.99% of the time. Also, with the state of certain powersupply corporations in this country, you have an easy out.

You could also swap their keyboard and mouse cables (if they are PS/2) and see how long it takes them to realise green goes in green and purple in purple...I once solved that one for someone after waiting for a pleas of help for three days. Poor bugger.
to ápeiro anima
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

UrBaN wrote:Have you tried the remote turn-the-pc-off-at-the-wall application? Requires minimal setup and is effective 99.99% of the time. Also, with the state of certain powersupply corporations in this country, you have an easy out.

You could also swap their keyboard and mouse cables (if they are PS/2) and see how long it takes them to realise green goes in green and purple in purple...I once solved that one for someone after waiting for a pleas of help for three days. Poor bugger.
LOL!! Have done that before...best one is on a usb mouse...you pull the usb connection out a little bit from the motherboard conection...and then mouse stops working. Most people are soooo lazy they just look at the connection and it "looks" fine, so they dunno whats going on! :lol:

Oooh....best one I did...we were on training....IT department. Netowrk admin was annoying me, so when he went out for a break, went to his training pc and did a print screen of the desktop. Hid the icons and then set the print screen as desktop background (which was a picture of his desktop WITH the icons and start button etc).

When he got back...the trainer carried on...and he was clicking like mad! Tried the start button (I hid it too - so he was just clikcing on the desktop background)...and he was getting so clueless....asking the oke...check this, nothing works! LOL! He restarted his pc 4 times.

I killed myself laughing afterwards....as did everyone else at the training. He was quiet the rest of the day for training. :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by SilverBack on 08 May 2008, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

LOL!

I also like to change the language to albanian or whatever from time to time..keeps people on their toes :lol:
to ápeiro anima
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

There was a security flaw in my varsity which we exploited to the max.

What you could do is select the security tab in the task manager and see everyone logged in at that time. Then if you right clicked you could log on as them with their password.
The passwords were on the registration list which was floating around at the start of the lesson. I clung to the list and would randomly log people off.

I only got caught because the teacher was helping a student at the time and when they got logged of the teacher exclaimed 'wtf' in none acronym form, which sent me into a fit of laughter.

Thanks to us they had to disable .bat(ch) files, .CSV ( I forget the full name) files and removed that security tab.

I also want that CD-ROM command!
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

LOL, I once made a cd-rom app, that would open your cd-rom again every time you tried to close it. I emailed it to a friend, telling the poor sap that it is some kind of link to games, so he eagerly tried it. A day later he emailed me back telling him that it gave him a heart attack... :lol: I should try that one on our IT teachers pc sometime... see what he does lol, but then it would be nice to have the network cd-rom app, so much easier.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

yes. give cd-rom command 4 local pc pls. hm wonders if i could make batch file to open close cd rom say 500 times. :P

and if u find lan 1 give it also. :twisted:
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

This reminds me of the good old days while I was studying in varsity. Excessive use of backdoors :twisted:

The pc's was usually on, even when nobody was logged on. So we opened and closed the cd-roms of the pc's that have nobody in front of them. Freaks out the noobs.

As for remotely shutting down or restarting pc's, try 'shutdown /i'. The guys at tech support at my job use it to annoy each other.
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Yep, got all those commands etc....the trick it running it on another users pc from your pc. That my friend...is the crux of this. Many many lines of code to do all these kinda things....but struggle to find code that allows ou to select / enter a computer name you want it done too. Also had a backdoor app ages ago....should have held onto it :lol:
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Your backdoor app would probably not work now. Antivirus would stop it.

Is it possible to give a better idea on the code that you use. It would give me a better idea what to look for.
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

I havent used any yet...its all the same genric code to open and close the cd rom. Tons of websites have it, so ja...its not 100% what Im looking for. I taught programming basics a while back...used a neat little app that listed all pcs on the network. You could silently connect to desired pc...log them off...log all users off etc etc. Was great....but cant remember the name of the damn software.

This is sooooo frustrating!
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Post by Ark »

What I used to do in high school was taking a screenshot of their desktop and setting it as a wallpaper, then hiding the taskbar and icons. It was fun to watch them swearing because their computers weren't responding to anything :twisted:
16-bit Corpse
I like scrota.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Lmfao I do that with the windows logon screen! Sheesh, small things hey...
to ápeiro anima
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

If i log on to server via remote desktop, I can use the Terminal service and take control of any pc i like.

Comes in useful when dealing with our JHB branch. The number of, "WTF? My mouse is moving" I have had over the phone and it never gets old.

I want that CD thing, sounds fun to torture our receptionist. She's fun, but an easy target :wink:
I used an app called lanschool at home. My bro was into racing games, and i could take over his pc without him losing control. So i would wait until just near the end, then hit space and slam on his breaks. CLASSIC
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

DJT wrote:My bro was into racing games, and i could take over his pc without him losing control. So i would wait until just near the end, then hit space and slam on his breaks. CLASSIC
Classic!! :lol:
DJT

Post by DJT »

At school we used that Novell system. Wat was cool was that you could send people around the classroom personal messages. This was a cool way to cheat and be rude to people discreetly.

We used this for about 4 months, until one day some idiot was sending rather rude instructions on what people should do with themselves when he accidentally forgot to add a user to send it to. Now this system isn't too clever. Instead of warning him that he hadn't specified a user, it sent it to every single person who was logged on at the time. So we all get messages telling us to pleasure ourselves because we not getting any...

The IT teacher was in his office and came storming out and gave this guy the biggest lecture ever. I have seldomly heard as many swearwords in one sentence. So, not only did the students all get it, but so did the teachers...

Half way thru this five minute lecture, the phone rings in the class. The teacher answers it, and then comes back. Not only had the students and the teachers recieved it, but so had the headmaster..... :lol:

This guy walked away with a six month ban of the PC Lab, and a disciplinary hearing

The next day the messenging system was disabled. Alas, our fun was over. For a while anyways...
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - Facebook
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

We did the same with the Win2k Pc's at school (back in the day lol). We'd load Pascal and get into command prompt from there (they'd disabled the RUN command and all other ways of getting into CMD) and then use the NET SEND command, loads of fun. About 5 of us would take turns spaming the teacher, or making people laugh while he was trying to teach...:D
to ápeiro anima
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

SilverBack
One of the methods I can think of, is using RPC to execute a command remotely. I'm still looking at it, but international speeds at work is s****y, so it's going very slow.

Perhaps someone else know how to use RPC calls.
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Thanks for the info...will google too ;)
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

ah yes. good old net send. used that alt also. and at tech we use novel but it hard to remember everyones student numbers.
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
DJT

Post by DJT »

What the netsend command again? I wanna irritate people
Clarke Media - Facebook
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

net send username message
ie.

net send djt stop piccking ur nose...

username can be PC name or IP address.

Doesn't work on XP though.
to ápeiro anima