Huge web hacks

Viruses, hackers and crackers
jee

Huge web hacks

Post by jee »

Attacks on legitimate web domains, including some belonging to the United Nations, that began last week, have expanded dramatically, security researchers said on Friday, with hundreds of thousands of pages hacked by Friday.

Ryan Sherstobitoff, a corporate evangelist for Panda, said his company had reported a problem with Internet Information Services (ISS) to Microsoft that was probably responsible for the hacks.

These kinds of attacks, said Sherstobitoff, essentially make the idea of a "trusted site" moot. "You used to know that if you walked down the dark streets of the web, you would be infected. Today, you really can't tell what the dark streets are."

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/scr ... 3800807A3A
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

Wow

Slightly OT, are you getting strange messages with links from your contacts on MSN?
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
jee

Post by jee »

i have stopped using msn......
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
DJT

Post by DJT »

O ok, because i gave Tribs a virus last night. It comes up saying that you have logged on with another PC and then sends a link to all your online contacts me thinks. If you open the link it will then do the same to you, and occasionally it will kick that person off and the messages spread...
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Yep - I was infected. And like the trusting noob I am - I clicked on the linky. But I don't like being off line so I fixed that really quickly. No one seems to have gotten it from me.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

:( I have only 1 PCF user on MSN :O

Trib, add me damnit!

urban963@hotmail.com
to ápeiro anima
DJT

Post by DJT »

Tribble wrote:Yep - I was infected. And like the trusting noob I am - I clicked on the linky. But I don't like being off line so I fixed that really quickly. No one seems to have gotten it from me.

Sowi.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Clarke Media - Facebook