Adelante's Case

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Adelante

Adelante's Case

Post by Adelante »

hey, i thought i would share my case with you guys.

Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

I like that! Nice pics, too, especially the interior close-up - ever considered doing photography professionally?

Edit: Btw - I hate you :twisted:
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
ICE-VaPa

Post by ICE-VaPa »

Awesome case....

Very well done! :P

(Where did that come from Thrall?) :lol:
simmy

Post by simmy »

My case just told me now, that when she grows up she want to look just like that... :roll:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

very impressive!! I like it a lot 8)

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

Very Nice!

I wish I had a full tower case! Make moddin so much easyer, all that space. Hiding cables is a breeze. Now the trick is to make your Midi ATX to look as clean as that one!

That is the koolance case if I'm not mistaken? Good job Adelante.

L8r :arrow:
Supplier of Smart-IT Business Management & Accounting solutions

Smart-IT

Point of Sale/ Ledger/ Customers/ Suppliers/ Workshop/ Stock/ Purchases/ Quote/ HR
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

And wheres the air-con?
:lol:

Very nice dude!!
Hyperchild

Post by Hyperchild »

Didnt Tamsini want modded cases 4 da mag?

PS That is one Freaking Nice Case youve got
Quod non detit fortuna non eripuit aut amat aut odit: nil est tertium
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

Quote Thrall
I like that! Nice pics, too, especially the interior close-up - ever considered doing photography professionally?
haha, Wranks! photography? hehe... mmmmm :lol:

Quote simmy
My case just told me now, that when she grows up she want to look just like that...
My case just told me that he thinks your's is cute :wink:

Quote SnowMonkey
wish I had a full tower case! Make moddin so much easyer, all that space. Hiding cables is a breeze. Now the trick is to make your Midi ATX to look as clean as that one!

That is the koolance case if I'm not mistaken? Good job Adelante.
Wranks dude, Yeah, its a Koolance 901BW (it cost me a penny and a half aswell) one thing i cant stand is cases is untidy cabling, if you would like to tips, then ask me, i will try give you some idea's on how to stealth your cables.

Quote Cameron Losco
And wheres the air-con?

Very nice dude!!
Its the next thing on my list :P

Quote Hyperchild
Didnt Tamsini want modded cases 4 da mag?

PS That is one Freaking Nice Case youve got
Wranks!!

Case for the Mag? oh pick me, pick me :)

Thanx for the Great Comments :)
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Great comments for a gr8 case. No thanks needed.

I have a huge server case @ home that I want to give a makeover. It is kinda old so I will have to replace the Power Supply. By doing that I have a nice place for "Interior Lighting" that is completely out of view.

I am still pondering on what to actually put in the box (Hardware wise). I was kinda thinking in the line of a Dual Itanium or something together with some cooling, killer gfx , @ least 2Gb RAM ands. (nuf of the hw on to the good stuff). The box has nice big pannels that I can put some perspex in. I was thinking of installing green lighting together with sandblasting some Matrix Code on the perspex.

The box also has a system diag screen infront that used to display system temps and stuff (but that was only supported on the EISA mb that initially came with it) so I was thinking of placing the Audigy sound panel in there instead of taking up some valuable RAID5 Hotswap disk bays.

I got some cool Ideas but will surprise when it is done. I would have to sort some stuff out first though (After all of my piglets get into a row and I get some time off after our press @ Novell tomorrow).
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

hey

the nicest thing about having a server case is the space. Maybe cut in a nice window on the sides, cut some blow holes on the top, the idea's are endless. one tip though, if you can avoid using single colours, like only green, then do, single colours start to look a bit ***** when u have a lot of it, rather have like GREEN + BLUE, which really really looks smart together.

as for fans, if you people want those 3 color LED fans, get them from cafejava for R39 :) thats where i got mine. also check frontosa.co.za/it for some modding stuff :)
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Hey Raud, Don't give away all you're ideas.
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

Respek man! That is one kick-a$$ case. You obviously put alot of effort in! One thing though, - isn't it a bit heavy. I mean I'm sure you would want to show her off at LANs, but do you have to hire a forklift to get it there?

I see you've got water cooling, what system are you using?
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

For those of you who may not know that a Koolance case does or is clickhere. I'd kill to have one of these things!!!

**Add Adelante to hit list :twisted:
Last edited by SnowMonkey on 28 Jan 2004, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

Smart-IT

Point of Sale/ Ledger/ Customers/ Suppliers/ Workshop/ Stock/ Purchases/ Quote/ HR
ICE-VaPa

Post by ICE-VaPa »

8O I would kill for that case!

:lol:
jee

Post by jee »

Adelante, I think you should take your case and go into hiding :wink:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

Jee wrote:Adelante, I think you should take your case and go into hiding :wink:
Don't take to many long walks in dark alleys! :)

Smart-IT

gorak

Post by gorak »

what watercooler r u using ? and price ?
Even paranoid people have enemies !
style121

Post by style121 »

Its just too bad you had to put an AMD in there :lol: :lol: :lol:
kchizo

Post by kchizo »

:x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:idea:

...drive-by shooting headline.

AMD hater gunned down with melted Intel chip right between the eyes.

8)
style121

Post by style121 »

kchizo wrote:

8)

Too much time on your hands schizo waiting for your AMD to process, hence the drive-bys and Intel smelting....
kchizo

Post by kchizo »

:lol: :lol: ...Great comeback
you've won this round, but in 2 months it will be whole different story when 64 your a$$!

...see you on the otherside my confedent (but confused and brainwashed by Intel) friend :wink:
ICE-VaPa

Post by ICE-VaPa »

style121 wrote:
kchizo wrote:

8)

Too much time on your hands schizo waiting for your AMD to process, hence the drive-bys and Intel smelting....
Hahahaha!!!

That gave me a good chuckle :lol:
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

AMD64 vs I64:
Personally I would go for the I64 cuz I have seen them both in action next to each other but the Intel is sooooo expensive. Just as an example HP has imported one I64 desktop PC for showcasing and testing between their diffirent customers. At the moment it is at MTN's offices. The thing is so expensive that they don't want to import another for showcasing. The entry range for i64 machines stand at a couple of hundred thouzand.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

isn't it a bit heavy. I mean I'm sure you would want to show her off at LANs, but do you have to hire a forklift to get it there?
hehe, it weights 36KG's i have this little forklift/trolly thing that it fits onto, so i can wheel it around. :)
For those of you who may not know that a Koolance case does or is clickhere. I'd kill to have one of these things!!!
You can Actually buy it locally, if you know the right people (and the sole distributor in South Africa and the biggest supplier of Water cooling products) :)
(In britney Murphy's voice) " I'll never tell " :lol:
Adelante, I think you should take your case and go into hiding
the problem is having to lug it into hiding with me :P
what watercooler r u using ? and price ?
Koolance water cooling, its the Koolance CPU-200G WaterBlock (its 21K gold plated at the bottom aswell) and the Koolanced NorthBridge cooler, once i get my new hardware, i will then also invest in the graphics card cooler.
Its just too bad you had to put an AMD in there
Its just to bad you like intel :wink:

AMD64 vs Intel Prescott

Currently the Prescott Chip hardly beats the Northwood, and puts out so much heat. You can't scale a chip with puts out so much heat, as for the AMD64's, its crazy to even consider buying now, since the AMD64 (754-pin) doesnt support dual DDR, and the AMD64 FX** (940-pin) requires Registered Ram, and besides, by October or so, AMD is changing to the AMD64 (939-pin) which could also conform to the BTX Form Factor (to replace ATX) which includes PCI Express. Same goes for the next generation of Graphics Cards, they wont be comming out in AGP, only PCI Express X16.

So yeah, if you are considering buying a AMD64, rather save your money until November or early next year.

(PS: Try Bench the Prescott Process against the AMD64 on the New Nforce3 250 chipset) it takes AMD64 to a new level :)