Remote Desktop Access in Ubuntu

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Jeff, what VIEWER did you use? I have a VNC server running on the other PC, so i need a viewer here :)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Vampyre_2099

Post by Vampyre_2099 »

vncviewer can be used as just a viewer, iits an open source project so I think there are 2 types of .tars, I think theres one for server/viewer and one for just viewer
mybrute
myminicity
PCformat ZA Folding Stats

ImageImage
Spoiler: (show)
Desktop: Q8200 @ 2.33GHz ~ TRUE ~ DP35DP ~ 4GB Transcend Jetram RAM ~ Nvidia 8800GT ~ 250GB HDD
Notebook: T5550 @ 1.83GHz ~ 2GB RAM ~ ATI HD 2400 XT ~ 160GB HDD
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Jeff, what VIEWER did you use? I have a VNC server running on the other PC, so i need a viewer here :)
Sup Ett,

Im taking it it's for your XP box?
I downloaded it here

Didnt get it to work from my Linux machine to XP/Vista though.... only got to two Ubuntu boxes going last night. Still need to do a little bit of tweaking. I could of done it today, but we got load shedding just now :roll:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

No no it's for my Ubuntu Machine. the XP machine is the server and MY machine is the client ;)
elviz

Post by elviz »

so where do i get that .tar files then?.......
3.2Ghz Pentium CPU,2GB DDR2 800,ECS mainboard,MSI nx6800 PCI -XGraphics,a coupla 80 gb hdd`s.........eish ...was it even worth mentioning?
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:No no it's for my Ubuntu Machine. the XP machine is the server and MY machine is the client ;)
Hhhhmmm. I got this to work no problem. So if you have VNCViewer, cant you just type in the IP of the PC you wanting to connect to?
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

elviz wrote:so where do i get that .tar files then?.......
Go have a look further back in the thread, on pages 1 & 2 there are links, as well as a link to a guide to getting it setup in Ubuntu
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

g0ldback wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:No no it's for my Ubuntu Machine. the XP machine is the server and MY machine is the client ;)
Hhhhmmm. I got this to work no problem. So if you have VNCViewer, cant you just type in the IP of the PC you wanting to connect to?
Yeah Jeff but WHICH VNC viewer? There's like 50 in Synaptic :P
Vampyre_2099

Post by Vampyre_2099 »

so then don't be lazy, download the .tar and compile the source yourself :lol:

I actually downloaded the windows version and installed it through wine, I use that... A hell of a lot easier, I hardly use it anyway
mybrute
myminicity
PCformat ZA Folding Stats

ImageImage
Spoiler: (show)
Desktop: Q8200 @ 2.33GHz ~ TRUE ~ DP35DP ~ 4GB Transcend Jetram RAM ~ Nvidia 8800GT ~ 250GB HDD
Notebook: T5550 @ 1.83GHz ~ 2GB RAM ~ ATI HD 2400 XT ~ 160GB HDD
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
g0ldback wrote:
Yeah Jeff but WHICH VNC viewer? There's like 50 in Synaptic :P
Dude, I posted a guide to install it on Ubuntu on Page 2 I think. Everything is done through command line and its up and running, ready to go