Far Cry demo, to run or not to run?

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.

Should Cameron run the 500MB Far Cry demo?

Poll ended at 24 Jan 2004, 13:22

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 17

style121

Post by style121 »

Sheesh, BB Matt, you're a tough gamer to please. Each to their own I suppose. The eyecandy is still a lot better than any other game around at present.
anthrax

Post by anthrax »

bb_matt you are full of SH*t
when doom III and half life 2 arrives you will propably say the phisics suck because you can't pick the ants up and can't squash them
COME BACK TO THE GAMING WORLD AFTER ABOUT 80 YEARS CAUSE NOTHING WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, CHEERS.
AND YES PLEASE RUN DEMO ON CD EVEN IF IT TAKE UP ALL THE SPACE.
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

anthrax wrote:bb_matt you are full of SH*t
when doom III and half life 2 arrives you will propably say the phisics suck because you can't pick the ants up and can't squash them
COME BACK TO THE GAMING WORLD AFTER ABOUT 80 YEARS CAUSE NOTHING WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, CHEERS.
AND YES PLEASE RUN DEMO ON CD EVEN IF IT TAKE UP ALL THE SPACE.
Why the rudeness and hostility to someone you don't know ?
This is when we need forum mods, to warn people like yourself.

I'm allowed my own opinion, if you don't like it, then please give feedback with some logic and thought behind it, as opposed to your childish rant.

Thanks.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

anthrax, that was a bit harsh. He gave his option of the game thats all.

Sorry about that bb_matt
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

bb_matt wrote:But hey, I didn't like Prince of Persia, which got rave reviews - hmm, interestingly enough, four of the games I rated highly got Gamespy "game of the year" coverage, but Prince of Persia didn't....
Maybe not, but it did win "best multiplatform game of the year" on Gamespot. Just because one site doesn't award it anything doesn't mean it's a bad game.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

Maybe I should give it a second try - I tend to judge games based on whether they grab me right away or not, life's short and a games a game.

I'm going to try the far cry demo again on my work PC - it's a higher end system - I'll tweak everything to the max and play it for an hour at lunch time :)
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

bb_matt wrote: Why the rudeness and hostility to someone you don't know ?
This is when we need forum mods, to warn people like yourself.

I'm allowed my own opinion, if you don't like it, then please give feedback with some logic and thought behind it, as opposed to your childish rant.

Thanks.
Ek stem saam! :x
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

I must be really behind the times, but I've never even heard of this game, will give it a try though!
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

It's a helluva download - I left it running overnite at work.
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

I can't download games or mp3's from work. Their damn firewall blocks me all the time! I've even tried a proxy avoidance server (www.megaproxy.com), But the damn firewall doesn't allow me to go to anysites with keyword "proxy avoidance" Arrrgggg! :evil:
neon_chameleon wrote: