The PS3 Thread

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

StarBound wrote:Sadly I wont see what the ps3 can do because of that fact and reading all the horror stories from the internet and mags about ps3 issues and lack of support doesnt help in adding interest in the system.
Please do elaborate.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

ZeroS

Are you serious? Have you seriously not heard the thousands of complaints about the PS3?

Here I was thinking I was uninformed...
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

well I haven't...

then again it isn't me who wasted the money on it :)
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Zaa

Post by Zaa »

It came to about R500 with shipping.

What PS3 issues? Surely you mean the 360 RRoD.
ImageImage
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

The faulty rates are the same for both the Wii and the PS3 narrowing in at a mere 3% with the 360 being flooded at around 16%.
Google it.

AFAIK, the support from Sony is great.

I haven't used the online features of the Playstation Network so I can't say for sure whether it's good or bad in comparison to 360's Live.

The major factor plaguing the PS3 now is the meager library of games available, compared to the 360 and Wii.
However, with the passing of this year that will be accounted for.

Perhaps there are some other issues I'm unaware of?

:roll:

@OTC - Don't worry, your purchase won't be waste. Well it depends on what games you like. If you're the MGS, GTA, Gran Turismo, FF, etc fan you're definitely with the right console.
If not, sell your console while you're still able to get top rand for it. The PS3 is only going to get cheaper from here on out.... or so I presume.

@Zaa - Thanks. Maybe I should sell my controller and buy 2 DS3's before DMC 4 is released here.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

well I have only played the 1 game (tomorrow will be more), but I have already grown fond of it and with no regrets so far...

except maybe the fact that if I had gone 60GB version, I might have been able to play the PS2 games that was recently bought... :(

hope the video store has GRAW cause I really want to see how it is on the console... I enjoyed it o PC to an extent...
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

If I knew you wanted GRAW, I would've arranged it for you. I had a few copies last week for R350, brand new. No one wanted them so I gave it back.

I still find it a pain to play fps on a console. Sure you get used to it but... still... must be because I really suck at fps.
larch

Post by larch »

ZeroS wrote: AFAIK, the support from Sony is great.
Not really the support locally for it is utter crap if your console breaks it gets sent to a company called "ICSS" I think they are called "let me repair". No one can fix blue-ray drives locally so it has to be sent overseas.

I take my hats of to the Core group they replace Wii consoles on the fly remotes and power adapter they deliver strait to your house and personally come pickup the faulty unit.
ZeroS wrote: I haven't used the online features of the Playstation Network so I can't say for sure whether it's good or bad in comparison to 360's Live.
Dont even bother it doesn't even come close to the Xbox 360 even the Wii out shines it in that department. The PS3 store sux , the friends list sux.
ZeroS wrote: The major factor plaguing the PS3 now is the meager library of games available, compared to the 360 and Wii.
However, with the passing of this year that will be accounted for.
Not really there is more than enough games the real issue here is the price factor for the PS3 and not the games. You are paying 4k for a console that is half crippled and cant play old PS2 title if I paid that much for a console I would expect backwards compatibility. I would also expect the latest software but the recent PS3 update included DivX support !? WTF are they moving forward or backward. Whats next WMV support ?
ZeroS wrote: @OTC - Don't worry, your purchase won't be waste. Well it depends on what games you like. If you're the MGS, GTA, Gran Turismo, FF, etc fan you're definitely with the right console.
If not, sell your console while you're still able to get top rand for it. The PS3 is only going to get cheaper from here on out.... or so I presume.
All these games u mention are long running franchises new graphics but same old gameplay and no new innovation nothing fresh just a new coat of paint.

PS3 getting cheaper thats laughable they already slashed its price once they are phasing out the 60gb and 80gb models due to them making a huge loss on those models. And now that HD-DVD is dead and blue-ray has the market they can bump up the price as much as they want since there is no more competition for price dropping.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Conjecture.

The PS3 online store can't really suck. I mean you can download great, full games for free. Like Tekken Dark Resurrection. Plus they're implementing ways to communicate via headsets whether in game or not adn som eother nifty features which I'm not abreast off since I'm not yet an avid online user/player.
Plus the release of HOME and other such titles demand a well setup online system.
AFAIK, the Wii online system is really in the trash can.
Again, I wouldn't be the best informant for online stuff.

As for backwards compatibility, there are many rumours, and some more than just rumours, about making 120 and 160Gb ps3 versions available as well as the feature of being able to download PS2 games from the PSN.

And, no the PS3 doesn't have as many games as the 360 or the Wii. It has a few but many are good, again, in comparison to the Wii more so than the 360.
I've quoted links for you before.

Anyways. long running games usually never use the same system twice.
FFXIII, MGS4, RE5, etc will all implement new ways of playing familiar and likable characters (except FF).
Else, it would be the same as saying that Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid have just been 'repainted' for the Wii. But I suppose they aren't now, are they?

Also, we do have fresh titles.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Folklore
Heavenly Sword
Eye of Judgment
Resistance
Uncharted
and a bunch of other yet to be released titles. By the way, these are PS3 exclusives. So a few good other titles aren't even mentioned. All of the above have at least scored 7+ ratings and some even 9.

Thinking the PS3 to be solely for long time running franchises is silly.
:D
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

larch wrote:
ZeroS wrote: AFAIK, the support from Sony is great.
Not really the support locally for it is utter crap if your console breaks it gets sent to a company called "ICSS" I think they are called "let me repair". No one can fix blue-ray drives locally so it has to be sent overseas.
What a fanboy.
I had a really small problem with my console which could have been repaired by replacing the hard drive.
Know what ICSS did? They marked the problem down as if it was the blu ray drive that was broken, and I got a new PS3.

Yes they cant repair those drives in South Africa, but have you actually sent a ps3 to ICSS with that problem and had to have it fixed overseas?
Probably not. So please, don't talk ******. :x

The PS3 online is FREE, and you get many great games to download, etc, and the multiplayer in all the games i've played has worked so smoothly.

Go spam on the Gamespot system wars thread, or on more pirate anime threads plz. thx
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
larch

Post by larch »

zerubabel wrote: What a fanboy.
WOW "The Pot Calling The Kettle Black" I see :P You should try getting some facts trait before throwing insults zerubabel. :P
zerubabel wrote: I had a really small problem with my console which could have been repaired by replacing the hard drive.
Wait what stop LOL! your PS3 broke and how old was it exactly ? :P

zerubabel wrote: Know what ICSS did? They marked the problem down as if it was the blu ray drive that was broken, and I got a new PS3.

Yes they cant repair those drives in South Africa, but have you actually sent a ps3 to ICSS with that problem and had to have it fixed overseas?
Probably not. So please, don't talk ****. :x
Talking ***** not really the must be a reason why ICSS is under new management zerubabel and for a 3rd time no less. You seem a bit misinformed about ICSS but I cant expect much from someone calls someone else a fanboy :P Go do yourself a favor zerubabel go Google "ICSS" and see what u get. :P

Zerubabe you seem to assume a lot about me I have worked in the IT field for more than 12 years want me to tell you some of the horror stories about former ICSS and there track records with Laptops/Consoles and Printers ? :P
zerubabel wrote: Go spam on the Gamespot system wars thread, or on more pirate anime threads plz. thx
No thanks I like it here how about you try and post some facts instead of insulting someone like a 5th grader :P
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

I just hope they do decide to do the PS2 compatibility thing and hopefully it will worked with the 40GB... I won't expect it to happen tomorrow, but hopefully not too long...

another reason why I wish the salesperson actually knew something bout the PS3 as he/she could have told us that the 60GB version can play most if not all titles... :(
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

We just got Uncharted - Drake's Fortune. Brilliant game that.
larch

Post by larch »

ZeroS wrote:Conjecture.

The PS3 online store can't really suck. I mean you can download great, full games for free. Like Tekken Dark Resurrection.
So do you know how big these demo are ZeroS ? last time I checked around 1.2gb to 2gb just for a demo. So what cap do you have ZeroS. ? Okay now u can argue ill just buy more cap but then the game wouldn't be a free game if u had to pay for something to get it.
ZeroS wrote: Plus they're implementing ways to communicate via headsets whether in game or not adn som eother nifty features which I'm not abreast off since I'm not yet an avid online user/player.
Plus the release of HOME and other such titles demand a well setup online system.
Oh you mean trying to steel some of the Xbox 360`s features that are so hugely popular online.
ZeroS wrote: AFAIK, the Wii online system is really in the trash can.
Again, I wouldn't be the best informant for online stuff.
Yeah unfortunately you aren't the best informant and that statement was utter rubbish :P

You forget about Wii Virtual Console The library of past games currently consists of titles originating from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and Nintendo 64, as well as Sega's Mega Drive/Genesis, NEC's TurboGrafx-16 and TurboGrafx-CD, and SNK's Neo Geo AES. Over 209 classic games are available for download: http://www.vc-reviews.com/games And it wont cost you an arm and a leg to download and get.

Then there is wiiconnect24 keeping your console up to date when its either Idle or when you are browsing the Wii shop.

If u finish some of the games in single player u can sent your scores online and free bonus content gets unlocked and sent to you (like Metroid Prime3) making the shelf life of the game much longer.

You can also compete with your "Mii" online to see who has the best fitness levels and score in Wii sport. Your friends can e-mail you or send you games you can download music and videos and pictures (not that I care about those) and u get a news and weather channel (also don't care much for those)
ZeroS wrote: As for backwards compatibility, there are many rumours, and some more than just rumours, about making 120 and 160Gb ps3 versions available as well as the feature of being able to download PS2 games from the PSN.
I ever doubt sony would bring out a 120gb or 160gb system when they arent even making a profit on the 60gb or 80gb.

The PlayStation 3 40GB model does NOT feature:

* Backwards Compatibility with PS2 Games
* Memory Stick Card Readers
* SACD Playback
* Ethernet Cable
* 4 USB Ports, (The PS3 40GB model features 2)

And thats not a rumor if I paid 4k for a console I would at least expect backwards compatibility for my older games. And then there is the software the most recent update for the PS3 included update for DivX support WTF whats next WMV support are we moving forward or backward ?

ZeroS wrote: And, no the PS3 doesn't have as many games as the 360 or the Wii. It has a few but many are good, again, in comparison to the Wii more so than the 360.
SO the Wii is even besting the PS3 when it comes to game selection LOL! out of the horses mouth :P And I remember you guys going on about the crappy selection of Wii games in my Wii thread. :P

ZeroS wrote: Anyways. long running games usually never use the same system twice.
FFXIII, MGS4, RE5, etc will all implement new ways of playing familiar and likable characters (except FF).
Else, it would be the same as saying that Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid have just been 'repainted' for the Wii. But I suppose they aren't now, are they?
LOL! Nintendo`s long running game franchises have more of a history than all the PS3 titles combined take Metroid for example first game got released in 1986 that is almost 22 years back same could be said for Zelda and Mario these game revolutionized the gaming industry and are icons of years gone past.

ZeroS wrote: Also, we do have fresh titles.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Folklore
Heavenly Sword
Eye of Judgment
Resistance
Uncharted
and a bunch of other yet to be released titles. By the way, these are PS3 exclusives. So a few good other titles aren't even mentioned. All of the above have at least scored 7+ ratings and some even 9.
Yet with all these awesome games the Wii is still selling 8.5 games per console bought more than the PS3 but less than the Xbox
ZeroS wrote: Thinking the PS3 to be solely for long time running franchises is silly.
:D
But didn't u guys state in the Wii thread that once MGS4 and others get released that the amount of PS3 sold would increase. isn't that a bit of an oxy moron right there. ?
larch

Post by larch »

Off-The-Chart wrote:I just hope they do decide to do the PS2 compatibility thing and hopefully it will worked with the 40GB... I won't expect it to happen tomorrow, but hopefully not too long...

another reason why I wish the salesperson actually knew something bout the PS3 as he/she could have told us that the 60GB version can play most if not all titles... :(
Unfortunately Off-The-Chart doing just a firmware update wont make it able to play PS2 games it has to do with the hardware so only way you can get past that is IF you are still able to find a 60gb or 80gb version but that would be hard as they are no longer selling them.
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

After reading this whole thread over again, I think it is safe to say it is alot easier to get the Xbox 360 or the Wii, much less problems.
Zaa

Post by Zaa »

larch, I have a Wii. The online features are woeful. The only saving grace is the VC but there is no new content on it. I will wait for WiiWare but to say that the Wii online features beat the PS3's is laughable.

Also, the Wii has more games because its easier to develop for and there is lots of shovelware. The Wii has 14 games with an average review score of 80 or higher, the PS3 has 43.

Complaining about the size of demos is pointless. Its not Sony's fault that bandwidth costs so much in South Africa. At least they have demos for their games anyway.

You also speak about innovation yet Nintendo always milk their franchises. Sony are always creating new successful franchises like Uncharted and Little Big Planet looks to be amazing.
ImageImage
larch

Post by larch »

Zaa wrote:larch, I have a Wii. The online features are woeful. The only saving grace is the VC but there is no new content on it. I will wait for WiiWare but to say that the Wii online features beat the PS3's is laughable.
I guess you aren't looking properly then are u. :P It is still way better than what the PS3 is offering at the moment.

i think it's always great to see how much hate a system gets when it's popular. I seem to remember seeing the same sort of ignorant crap thrown at the ps2 in it's hayday.
Zaa wrote: Also, the Wii has more games because its easier to develop for and there is lots of shovelware. The Wii has 14 games with an average review score of 80 or higher, the PS3 has 43.
If you look at Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, No More Heroes, you'll see that they're rated highly across the board. Almost 10's. But then with all the crap third party I think it really hurts the average. Especially with a lack of incoming games.
Zaa wrote: You also speak about innovation yet Nintendo always milk their franchises. Sony are always creating new successful franchises like Uncharted and Little Big Planet looks to be amazing.
I think Nintendo shifted while many gamers/reviewers are stuck in the another mindset. Even the "average" good games, like ExciteTruck, Elebits and NiGHTS, to me are much more interesting than the "established" same-controls, same-gameplay games that the "next-gen" systems have.

Dead Rising is still the only thing I'd want to play on 360 (hoping it comes to PC) that's ONLY on 360 and not PC.

Basically I was pretty burned out on games until the DS and then Wii came along. I just don't like where the mainstream industry is going, gameplay and game structure wise. I'll take the unpolished-but-creative look of NiGHTS over a new-but-stale FPS.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

So do you know how big these demo are ZeroS ? last time I checked around 1.2gb to 2gb just for a demo. So what cap do you have ZeroS. ? Okay now u can argue ill just buy more cap but then the game wouldn't be a free game if u had to pay for something to get it.
What Zaa said.
Oh you mean trying to steel some of the Xbox 360`s features that are so hugely popular online.
Then the XBOX 360 stole this 'conventional' (mark the use of the word) method of communication from the pc. But then wait! The pc stole the idea from humans. We're gonna be overrun by pc's!
It's the same as saying that the Wii stole the concept of using disc media from the Xbox and PS2 which no sane person would regard as "steeling"
Online communication is a basic for online playing... duh...
I ever doubt sony would bring out a 120gb or 160gb system when they arent even making a profit on the 60gb or 80gb.

The PlayStation 3 40GB model does NOT feature:

* Backwards Compatibility with PS2 Games
* Memory Stick Card Readers
* SACD Playback
* Ethernet Cable
* 4 USB Ports, (The PS3 40GB model features 2)

And thats not a rumor if I paid 4k for a console I would at least expect backwards compatibility for my older games. And then there is the software the most recent update for the PS3 included update for DivX support WTF whats next WMV support are we moving forward or backward ?
I'm full aware of the 40Gb's capabilities.
And yet again you fail not to misconstrue. I said that there is more than just a rumour floating around that the PSN will offer ps2 games for download.
It was alluded to by one of the execs of Sony.
SO the Wii is even besting the PS3 when it comes to game selection LOL! out of the horses mouth And I remember you guys going on about the crappy selection of Wii games in my Wii thread.
Sure, more games for the Wii but definitely worse quality. I've quoted it for you before, and *sigh*, I must do it yet again.

Check the review lists for he Wii and PS3. The PS3 has fewer games but the overall rating for all the PS3 game are far higher than the overall rating for all the Wii games.

PS3 Review list
The Wii review list

The Wii even has games with less than 3 ratings.
In kiddie terms, PS3 has a smaller selection but with better games, whilst the Wii has a larger selection but with crappier games.
LOL! Nintendo`s long running game franchises have more of a history than all the PS3 titles combined take Metroid for example first game got released in 1986 that is almost 22 years back same could be said for Zelda and Mario these game revolutionized the gaming industry and are icons of years gone past.
*sigh*
MGS released in 1987
FF - 1987
Mario - 1981 (appeared in Donkey Kong)
Zelda - 1989
Metroid - 1986

All of the above have equally rich histories.
and wasn't it you that said:
All these games u mention are long running franchises new graphics but same old gameplay and no new innovation nothing fresh just a new coat of paint.
The only worthy exculsive Wii game I see is No More Heroes. PS3 has, like what, over a dozen non-long-running titles. Quoted above.
But didn't u guys state in the Wii thread that once MGS4 and others get released that the amount of PS3 sold would increase. isn't that a bit of an oxy moron right there. ?
Excuse my lack of command over the English language, but how is this an oxymoron?
And yes, games like MGS4 and FFXIII are drawcards for Sony since they are PS3 exclusives and they have huge fan bases. It's one of the primary reasons I got a PS3 for. Commonsense this...
Yet with all these awesome games the Wii is still selling 8.5 games per console bought more than the PS3 but less than the Xbox
Solely because the PS3 is pricy/expensive.
I guess class comes at a price. :)
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

larch wrote:
zerubabel wrote: I had a really small problem with my console which could have been repaired by replacing the hard drive.
Wait what stop LOL! your PS3 broke and how old was it exactly ? :P
Lol
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
larch

Post by larch »

ZeroS wrote: Then the XBOX 360 stole this 'conventional' (mark the use of the word) method of communication from the pc. But then wait! The pc stole the idea from humans. We're gonna be overrun by pc's!
It's the same as saying that the Wii stole the concept of using disc media from the Xbox and PS2 which no sane person would regard as "steeling"
Online communication is a basic for online playing... duh...
Ah yes but you see Sony has a long rich history of taking other peoples ideas and slightly modifying it so they don't get into *****. Can anyone say six axes controller ?
ZeroS wrote: I'm full aware of the 40Gb's capabilities.
And yet again you fail not to misconstrue. I said that there is more than just a rumour floating around that the PSN will offer ps2 games for download.
It was alluded to by one of the execs of Sony.
But didn't u state earlier in the thread that you are " I wouldn't be the best informant for online stuff" and "I'm not abreast off since I'm not yet an avid online user/player." Which means you aren't yet fully aware of the Sony`s capabilities. Nor the fact that the cell CPU is one giant cockup, did u notice how they went from the cell CPU being the main draw card of the console to the blue-ray drive. Number one reason being that the cell CPU has been a utter failure no one is trying to develop games for it due to the sheer complexity required to program for it.

Oh on the by don't believe everything the Sony execs say they are known to talk loads of BS.
ZeroS wrote: Check the review lists for he Wii and PS3. The PS3 has fewer games but the overall rating for all the PS3 game are far higher than the overall rating for all the Wii games.

PS3 Review list
The Wii review list

The Wii even has games with less than 3 ratings.
In kiddie terms, PS3 has a smaller selection but with better games, whilst the Wii has a larger selection but with crappier games.
Is there an eco in here cause you just repeated everything I said in my last post: "If you look at Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, No More Heroes, you'll see that they're rated highly across the board. Almost 10's. But then with all the crap third party I think it really hurts the average. Especially with a lack of incoming games. "

Oh and you kindly forgot that Mario Galaxy was one of the highest scoring games across all reviews. And the fact that Super Smash Brothers Brawl sold almost 800 000 copies in its 1st weekend.
ZeroS wrote: *sigh*
MGS released in 1987
FF - 1987
Mario - 1981 (appeared in Donkey Kong)
Zelda - 1989
Metroid - 1986
Before you trip and fall on what systems were Final Fantasy and MSG first released :P take a guess ill buy you a cookie if you get it right :P
ZeroS wrote: The only worthy exculsive Wii game I see is No More Heroes. PS3 has, like what, over a dozen non-long-running titles. Quoted above.
Then u need glasses more than I do lets see what good exclusive titles are out for the Wii: Zelda, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki, Nights, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Cart, Endless Oceans, No more heroes and the list goes on and on.
ZeroS wrote: Solely because the PS3 is pricy/expensive.
I guess class comes at a price. :)
But didn't you say earlier the big stumble block was game availability ?

Doesn't mean if you buy an expensive hooker that she has class :P
Zaa

Post by Zaa »

How can you say the Cell is an utter failure? Have you even played on a PS3? Have you seen Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank?

I like how you have Nights and Endless Ocean (and No More Heroes to an extent) on the list of good exclusives when they quite clearly are not good. Mario Kart Wii isn't even out yet. Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game.
ImageImage
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

Larch do you even have a PS3???
Larch wrote:Unfortunately Off-The-Chart doing just a firmware update wont make it able to play PS2 games it has to do with the hardware so only way you can get past that is IF you are still able to find a 60gb or 80gb version but that would be hard as they are no longer selling them.
WRONG!
The PS3 60GB outside of USA and Japan do not have the emotion engine, and thus the PS2/PS1 games run off software emulation!

The 40GB version is basically a cheaper version of the PS3 for people who don't want backwards emulation.
Chances are, if you whine and moan about backward compatibility for your PS2 games, you have a PS2 already.
If backwards compatibility is so damn important, go and buy a 60GB version. It's that simple.

man, you seem to hate the PS3 so much. it's like you are just regurgitating everything that anti ps3 fanboys have said on forums.

Grow up!

larch wrote:Ah yes but you see Sony has a long rich history of taking other peoples ideas and slightly modifying it so they don't get into ****. Can anyone say six axes controller ?
That would be six axis thx.
And sony showed off a motion sensitive stick back in the early days of the PS2.. probably 2000 if i remember correctly.
It was a stick, that when moved around, objects on the screen would interact with the stick on the screen...
Looks to me like Nintendo came a few years later with their invention called the wiimote. Sounds familiar?
And motion sensitive controllers have been around WAY before the wii.
In some ps1 games i remember you could drive with a motion sensitive controller instead of a steering wheel.

So don't come say that sony stole the sixaxis idea, as it's nothing new, and Nintendo didn't create it.

Instead, just stop posting here at all really. And continue with your piracy discussions on the anime threads.
Last edited by zerubabel on 17 Feb 2008, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Ah yes but you see Sony has a long rich history of taking other peoples ideas and slightly modifying it so they don't get into ****. Can anyone say six axes controller ?
Heck if i makes the console I'll root for it.
I'm hoping they make a sony version of Super smash brothers.(the one where you fight in an arena with 4 players.) forgot the title...
But didn't u state earlier in the thread that you are " I wouldn't be the best informant for online stuff" and "I'm not abreast off since I'm not yet an avid online user/player." Which means you aren't yet fully aware of the Sony`s capabilities. Nor the fact that the cell CPU is one giant cockup, did u notice how they went from the cell CPU being the main draw card of the console to the blue-ray drive. Number one reason being that the cell CPU has been a utter failure no one is trying to develop games for it due to the sheer complexity required to program for it.

Oh on the by don't believe everything the Sony execs say they are known to talk loads of BS.
No one's making games for sony!? I wonder what's 150 exclusives then?
Secondly, narrating news that there might be PS2 games available for download has nothing to do with actually using the online feature. omw...
Is there an eco in here cause you just repeated everything I said in my last post: "If you look at Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, No More Heroes, you'll see that they're rated highly across the board. Almost 10's. But then with all the crap third party I think it really hurts the average. Especially with a lack of incoming games. "

Oh and you kindly forgot that Mario Galaxy was one of the highest scoring games across all reviews. And the fact that Super Smash Brothers Brawl sold almost 800 000 copies in its 1st weekend.
Yes, yes, I've heard about those games already. What else does it have? List it. Wii games only. Challenge me to it and I assure you I'll be able to list more higher ranking games for the PS3 than for the Wii. Exclusives and non-long-running titles since each console has it unique long-running games. 360 - Halo, etc, PS3 - MGS, FF, etc, Wii - Mario, Zelda, etc.
The PS3 has more higher ranking games than the Wii. ie. more 8+ games than the Wii despite the Wii's large library.
Before you trip and fall on what systems were Final Fantasy and MSG first released Razz take a guess ill buy you a cookie if you get it right Razz
I played the first final fantasy and mgs on the NES, however, at the time sony wasn't a gaming force according to the normal timeline unless, Wii people have a different timeline.
MGS and FF shifted to Sony once it rose in the gaming arena probably cos Sony offered better. Sorry Nintendo.
Then u need glasses more than I do lets see what good exclusive titles are out for the Wii: Zelda, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki, Nights, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Cart, Endless Oceans, No more heroes and the list goes on and on.
Super Paper Mario - port
And, I mentioned above. List it (the on and on) with the same conditions as above.
But didn't you say earlier the big stumble block was game availability ?

Doesn't mean if you buy an expensive hooker that she has class Razz
It may be an obstacle but not from amongst the primary causes.

Technically, hookers are aids free.
But does it mean that owning a Lexus is not better than a Ford?
Or owning a 22" instead of a 19"?
Wii people must really think differently...

And about the Cell, hardware stuff is not my strong point, but dude, seriously, the PS3 looks and plays awesome. No 2 ways about that.
Play assassins creed. You can literally see buildings and people from a distance while pulling off high air stunts while being chased by a dozen guards, of which most are visible on screen and it runs velvety smooth.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Uncharted 2!?
Man, I need to play the first one....