SAP Programming Advice Pls

Get help on programming - C++, Java, Delphi, etc.
Screeper

SAP Programming Advice Pls

Post by Screeper »

Morning all,

I have recently been approached by a company in Durbs. They want to train me for 2 months in ABAP (programming language for SAP) and then as payment they contract me out for the next 2 years and take a cut of my salary.

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has any experience in ABAP and/or working in the SAP software industry.
I must admit i'm quite ignorant about SAP and after doing a bit of research it looks like a really serious company.

Would it be worth the pain of 2 months of no salary (and therefore no food :roll:)?

Advice/Insults/Comments are most welcome :wink:
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
SquattingDog

SAP

Post by SquattingDog »

IF you become an expert in SAP programming you will be highly paid, R30K->R60K a month, SAP is one of the biggest if not the biggest and most used ERP system. Keep in mind that I said biggest not best or fastest.

If you can live with the loss of payment due to training then I would go for it.
minerva10210

Post by minerva10210 »

Well I would think that you would have plenty opportunities, for one SAB runs SAP, and I know quite a few government *spit* agencies use SAP...
There are doorways I haven`t opened and windows I`ve yet to look through, going forward may not be the answer, maybe I should go back!
Asus P55, i5-750, 8GB DDR3, HD5770OC, Audigy2Value, 3.4TB Storage, MS Presenter Mouse 8000, G15, G25, CM Centurion5 + Musketeer, 19" CRT.

Please note: I collect Vintage Computing equipment, if you have any *really old* stuff laying about contact me please!!
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Thanks gents.
I am meeting with these people again tomorrow to go over the details, I'll let you know how it goes.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.