Games for Girls

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
NinjaTic

Games for Girls

Post by NinjaTic »

I'm looking for a decent game for my wife. She's quite into the Sims2 thing, and has most of the add-ons that are available, but she wants something new now. And damn is it difficult to find something that is girly, and is a decent game. She doesn't want any fps games, especially if it contains monsters (which is the vast majority of fps games). She doesn't enjoy rts games, racing games etc. either. I must say, after researching what games are availiable that are designed with the girl gamer in mind (besides sims I suppose), there are very few options availiable! Anyone have any suggestions as to what she might enjoy? Shot.
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Buy her a Wii. Everyone enjoys the games. Other than that I am not sure. World of Warcraft might be an option.
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

yeah but careful WOW might take up most her time then. the wii is a excellent option cause u could join her for the games aswell so its something good for u 2 to do.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

Maybe a rpg game?
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

I haven't check this out yet but apparently it is pretty good if you like this sort of game.

http://simcitysocieties.ea.com/about.php?languageCode=2
Welshman

Post by Welshman »

Why not try giving her an adventure game like Grim Fandango? My Girlfriend loved that game. Or you could try Sam & Max season one, Monkey Island 3 or the Broken Sword series. None of them have any gratuitous amounts of violence. But they can be really challenging and entertaining.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

My friend's (heavy gamer) wife detested games until she came across Loco Roco for the psp. Definitely a different game and I'm pretty sure women will love it. To sum up the game in one word, cutesy wootsy :P
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Grim Fandango and Monkey island 3 are great games. Hope she is into puzzel games then. Some of the stuff in there just doesnt come together so get a walkthru on those.

Wii maybe. I'd like to check it out for myself. World of Warcraft ...hope she loves you more than the game.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

Sweet - thanks guys! I'll check out all the titles mensioned above - see if I can DL some demos and see what she'll like! I also had puzzle type games in mind, but we'll have to see!
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....