Hikaru no Go

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ahzure

Hikaru no Go

Post by Ahzure »

A young boy, Hikaru Shindo discovers a Go board in his grandfather’s attic, unfortunately the Go board is haunted by the spirit of Fujiwara no Sai , a Go player from the Heian era who committed suicide after a rival accused him of cheating. Sai can only be seen by Hikaru, together they start playing Go with Sai directing / dictating the strategy and Hikaru is charged with placing the stones. Their first opponent is boy about the same age as Hikaru, they defeat him in minutes never realizing that this boy is one the best Go players in the country. This marks the start off the rivalry between Hikaru Shindo and Akira Toya. About 3 episodes later Hikaru has get the chance to play against Koyo Toya (the champion) Up till now Hikaru has shown very little if any aptitude for Go, Sai makes all the calls on where he (Hikaru) should be place a stone but for one moment Hikaru astounded and shocked both Sai and Champion by positioning the stone in such a way that showed he posses a skill that might be greater than their own…

Too bad I only have 8 episodes; I must get my hands on the rest of the series
because Hikaru no Go is quite addictive.
Balze

Post by Balze »

Where do you stay , I think i might have up till epi 80 or so
"A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."

I am the flesh and bone of my own sword.
Steel flows through my body, and fire is what courses through my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Many times I have withstood enormous pain to create thousands of weapons.
And yet, those hands that have braved so much will never hold anything.
So as I pray now, I call forth "Unlimited Blade Works
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

What! There’s over 70 episodes,I’ll contact you asap.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I just remembered that Captain Dylan Hunt (Kevin Sorbo ) in Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda plays Go and uses it to plan his battle strategies. In the fantasy series The Wheel of Time (written by Robert Jordan) strategies used in Go is utilized by characters for political gain and as an asset in the art of war